4 home grown, 8 english players needed

4 home grown, 8 english players needed does any1 else have trouble with this i lyk to buy loads of foreigners who are awesome. im currently at newcastle but my champions league squad is lacking a bit as i have lots of brazilians and other foreigners and not enough english or home grown players to make eligible that are at a good level so my squad becomes not as strong

In the first few seasons it can be a slight problem sometimes I suppose depending which team you are, but after a few seasons I normally have lots of good regens who I signed when they were 16 and after a few years they gain 'trained at club' status.

I normally have a squad made up of mainly homegrown players with some high class foriegners so the 8 player home grown rule is never a problem.

Bayer, you might want to consider this a fault in your transfer policy. :D

Surely there are a few decent English players whom you could pick up?

Even if your starting XI is phenomenal and you have a benchful of promising foreigners, I'd still expect you to be able to find a few spots: #2 GK, versatile backup defender, etc.

I guess I'm like Matthew2 - though I do go for large squads myself, I've got enough youth coming through my ranks that "homegrown" isn't a problem.

Note that if you can secure a youngster early enough and train him, he counts as "homegrown"...

I do sign foreign players at 16/17 where possible to get them classed as homegrown. For several seasons, this policy saw me meeting the european competitions criteria without a single English or British player in my team.

4 home grown, 8 english players needed does any1 else have trouble with this i lyk to buy loads of foreigners who are awesome. im currently at newcastle but my champions league squad is lacking a bit as i have lots of brazilians and other foreigners and not enough english or home grown players to make eligible that are at a good level so my squad becomes not as strong

The rules were brought in for this very reason. Not enough homegrown talent is being nurtured by big teams as they are overlooked by "lots of brazilians and other foreigners"

Do your bit for grass roots football and get the kids coming through

The rules were brought in for this very reason. Not enough homegrown talent is being nurtured by big teams as they are overlooked by "lots of brazilians and other foreigners"

Do your bit for grass roots football and get the kids coming through

i try and bring atleast one youth player into the first team and try to make him world class and if his not up to the high standards by the time his 21 he is sold :)

It's easy though to put the homegrown players in the squad as backups and just use your first team. Occasionally I add a youngster to the list, knowing I'll never use him but solely because he's English and home grown.

And oh dear, if Platini ever finds a genie and gets all his wishes...

It's easy though to put the homegrown players in the squad as backups and just use your first team. Occasionally I add a youngster to the list, knowing I'll never use him but solely because he's English and home grown.

And oh dear, if Platini ever finds a genie and gets all his wishes...

no need. U21s don't need to be registered and can play or be subs anyway.

Archived