Easiest Team

Just remember that the expectations for any super-rich team are going to be through the roof as well; if you don't win, you will get sacked quickly.

I tend to find it better to pick up a new version of FM with either a mid-table Championship side (forgiving board) or a side which will dominate domestically with or without me (Celtic, Ajax) .. both of those scenarios give me plenty of time to come to grips with the new game: tactics, team-talks, interviews, etc, without the pressure that can come with a big club.

Also, the tactics and team-talks are a bit different if you are expected to win every match .. in some ways, it can be tougher to figure out how to break down a packed defense than to play even against somebody .. even if you do have a world-beater side.

I want the club that I can most easily long term success - I want to start at the biggest club and not have to spend seasons building a club up, and then move.

In that case Arsenal? Young/good squad, decent finances, great facilities, good staff, perhaps a few singings to add depth however apart from that they are a great team to start off with

AC Milan

Won the uefa cup and title my very first season. You're not expected to win everything like any other top club.

Was going to suggest this team as well, as the most success I've had on FM 09 was with them (although I took the job several seasons into a save). If you intend to start a save with them the only thing you need to worry about is that some of their first team players are getting on a bit and will need replacing quite soon, also iirc I don't think they get a huge budget in the first season (I think around 10 million pounds). Having said that when I managed them the board repeatedly gave me transfer budgets of around 150 million, which made it very easy to build a world beating squad.

For a non major league you could try Shakhtar, only one major compedtior which is Dinamo got £40m transfer budget, big sponsor money. You can also get far in CL if you buy the right players, some very good Ukrainian players for half nothing, I bought my left winger for £250k and he was the best player in the league after Srna.

Archived