Memory Cards

Hi all,

Just got my psp today - free with my new phone contract if you can believe that?

Anyway, it comes with a piddly little 32Mb memory card. I'm only planning on playing FM on it, and maybe Ridge Racer/GTA:LCS/Pro Evo, not listening to music/watching films etc.

Is it worth investing in a bigger memory card, or will that one do me fine?

Any advice welcome.

Hi all,

Just got my psp today - free with my new phone contract if you can believe that?

Anyway, it comes with a piddly little 32Mb memory card. I'm only planning on playing FM on it, and maybe Ridge Racer/GTA:LCS/Pro Evo, not listening to music/watching films etc.

Is it worth investing in a bigger memory card, or will that one do me fine?

Any advice welcome.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Just got my psp today - free with my new phone contract if you can believe that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What was the deal like - I've seen those but erred away from that sort of thing generally as I'm always convinced there's a catch somewhere (my eldest son's after a PSP at the moment for his birthday and it could be a nice cheap way to get one for him).

• SI Staff

Deal doesn't look 'too' bad to be honest, however from what I can see you definitely pay over the odds from 12-18 months into the contract (where they remove the 'discount' and you pay a much inflated line rental price).

Looks to be much of a muchness with most offers to be honest, you're paying a little over the odds on the line rental but getting a free PSP (so over time you'll probably end up paying more than the price of the PSP in costs, but if like most people you disappear off onto a different deal after the term I don't think you're really losing that much from what I can see at first glance).

Dislaimer - being a verified phoneophobe I know naff all about mobile phones beyond having to pay the bill on my wife's ... icon_wink.gif

My deal is a £33/month line rental contract for 18 months, but I get 6 months half price line rental.

200 minutes, 100 texts, and a free Moto v3.

Plus, it was through OAFC, so they get something out of it, and I get £20 for every friend I refer.

Finally, I sold my old phone from my old contract for £90 on eBay, so I figure it's a pretty good deal.

Think the way they make money out of it is locking you into their insurance policy, but at £5.99 a month, with 3 months free, it's not too bad.

I reckon cost is £33 (line rental) + £6 (insurance) = £39 * 18 = £702

Discounts are £16.50 * 6 (1/2 price line rental) + £6 * 3 (free insurance) = £117

Free stuff = PSP £180

So, approx £400 for 18 months, and at the end I can sell the phone again. I'm happy enough with that, especially as work will pay for all the calls I make icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

Deal doesn't look 'too' bad to be honest, however from what I can see you definitely pay over the odds from 12-18 months into the contract (where they remove the 'discount' and you pay a much inflated line rental price).

Looks to be much of a muchness with most offers to be honest, you're paying a little over the odds on the line rental but getting a free PSP (so over time you'll probably end up paying more than the price of the PSP in costs, but if like most people you disappear off onto a different deal after the term I don't think you're really losing that much from what I can see at first glance).

Dislaimer - being a verified phoneophobe I know naff all about mobile phones beyond having to pay the bill on my wife's ... icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

conversely i know lots about phones, but nothing much about the commercial side of it as i always get my phones for free and my phone bills paid for by the company, so i always use it for stuff like surfing (full browser), video calls, downloading and all the other expensive stuff icon_smile.gif

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Da Simmz Man

My Girlfriend just had this offer:-

http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/offer/35FLEXT102/

u get the PSP giga pack. Its £35 a month contract but u get an allowance of £180 a month (20p a minute call and 10p a text) and u can use the allowance how u want i.e 1800 texts, 900 mins talk timeor a combo of both e.g 1000 texts 400 mins talk time. this on t-mobile. the calls are for any network any time aswell.

problem is u have to wait 28days till u get your PSP angryfire.gif so that the cancellation period has passed or i guess everyone would be ordering phones and getting the PSP then cancelling again.

So im still waiting for mine but im not too fussed as Football manager aint out yet. I cant wait to sit round the pool on holiday with my PSP playing Football manager, a life in heaven ???????

Archived