Who is most overated player in the game?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adebayor is overated IMO. I also agree with the comments on Veloso., his stats are just ridiculous.

Pepe the Real Madrid defender is too good in the game as is Sergio Ramos. Ramos defensive stats are generally too high.

diarra is not one of the top 5 defensive midfielders in the world though and yeah forgot about veloso he has stats that would make zidane look average for some reason.

I'd say he is one of the best, but a lot of teams can't seem to fit him in to the way they want to play football.

Other than Essien I can't think of anyone who's really a class above Diarra in defensive midfield.

I'd say he is one of the best, but a lot of teams can't seem to fit him in to the way they want to play football.

Other than Essien I can't think of anyone who's really a class above Diarra in defensive midfield.

better then diarra - essien, mascherano, yaya toure, hargreaves, senna. thats just off the top of my head. diarra is a decent solid player but not a world beater and definatly not worth what real paid for him.

better then diarra - essien, mascherano, yaya toure, hargreaves, senna. thats just off the top of my head. diarra is a decent solid player but not a world beater and definatly not worth what real paid for him.

Mascherano is better, for now.

Yaya Toure, perhaps, but only because he's more experienced, and I'd also mention Maldonado because he's certainly one of the best playing as a typical no-nonsense 'protecting the defense'-type role.

Senna's a late bloomer and I've not seen much of him, but he does look good going forward as much as he does at the back.

Hargreaves is good, but I can't see him ever being a regular at a big side again, and even at his peak he wasn't world-class IMO. Not commanding enough.

I'd also say Vieira, Gattuso and Makelele a few years back too, and Diarra certainly has the ability to be as good as those three, and maybe is now, with all three arguably past it.

Having said that, Diarra needs more playing time, but even so he's not even that brilliant in the game, but has the potential to be. I thus can't see what the argument is here really. :confused:

Adebayor has always been over-rated for me. He can play well, but put a hard tackle in on him, challenge him physically and he becomes anonymous. The single biggest example for me, would be Arsenal v Stoke in November, as a big man he is used to being able to outmuscle defenders but came up against Faye and Shawcross and they both were able to stand his pushing and push back, he didn't like it and you couldn't even tell he was on the pitch.

In the same mention of stoke, Mama Sidibe is over rated at least in the finishing department, I think he's on par with Agbonlahor, and as much of a stoke fan as I am, he isn't that good a finisher.

I agree that Lass Diarra is overrated in the game, he is a hard worker with great physical ability but has nothing on the positional sense of players like Mascherano, and while he can play in a number of positions, his contribution is basically the same, whereas someone like hargreaves can cross a ball or take set pieces. He is a good player, but he cannot be considered amongst the world elite.

As for other overrated players, I'm going to be petty and just say the Arsenal team in terms of performance, although I was glad to see they scaled down some stats. Winning against Arsenal is probably the most dangerous position to be in in FM because Wenger always gives some kind of Braveheart-esque speech that inspires their players to absolutely slaughter you in the second half, no matter how you decide to play.

Other players overrated in the stats department: Flamini, Mexes, Heurelmo (sp?) Gomes, the Sporting Lisbon team (Veloso, Moutinho, Vukcevic etc) and the Inter Milan defense.

Im not sure but off the top of my head I'd probably go for lassana diarra who has become incredibly for no apparent reason though old favourites such as ibrahimovic and mexes come close.

How is Ibra overrated? You obviously don't watch any Italian football and are judging him based on a couple of Champions League matches - if you did you would know he is one of the best players in the world

Anyway, the most overrated player in the game has to be Micah Richards definitely

Angelo Palombo, hands down.

That's a good call, actually. I'm currently playing as Sampdoria and Palombo is an absolutely monster in the game! IRL he is a good player (although I've only seen him play around 5 times) but in the game he is one of the top defensive midfielders in the whole world which just isn't realistic. There is no way he is as creative IRL as the the game portrays him.

Vagner Love is another good shout as when I've seen him IRL he's never done anything that special but in the game he is a top star for the Barca's of this world.

Another overated player in the game is Mirko Vucinic. In FM2009 he is lethal in front of goal while anyone that has seen alot of Serie A over the last five years will know his finishing is very hit and miss.

your overrating players for there stats but the 2 key stats are consistancy and big match stats, its those 2 stats that will deture how well a player plays and over a longer peroid... they also help players mentain a higher average rating too..

i guess all great player are consistant may aswell be a stat we can all see ;)

in my game year 2018 id say tevez is over rated he has scored 306 golas in 485 games has an average rating of 7.81 and at the age of 34 he has scored 28 goals in 43 games with a rating of 7.71, season b4 that 31 golas in 43 games, 36 goals in 48 games year before that so frankly he is still a god at Utd

he has also won player of the year 7 times 5 of which was in a row

If Veloso was anywhere near as good as his stats suggest a big club would've bought him by now.

But Bolton are bidding instead. That says it all...

well in year 2018 he's at one of the milan clubs still a god at 29

Surprise no one mentioned Ishmael Miller.(Check his goal-scoring stats for first season on any of your saves)

Is this not more down to the fact that he has decent physical stats which suit the match engine. Uche of Getafe is not over rated stats wise but because of his physical attributes he can get a goal a game.

Lampard overrated? Lampard is generally underrated. Anyone of:

Palombo

Veloso

Adebayor

Pepe

Higuain

Berbatov

Vagner Love

Srna (never seen him do much IRL)

Keirrison (who's heard of him IRL?)

Palombo

Veloso

Adebayor

Pepe

Higuain

Berbatov

Vagner Love

How is Higuain overrated? Hes so underrated - he scored 25 goals for Madrid last season and was one of their only good players

Veloso .. in real life when he doesn't play its because he's either mad since Sporting doesn't let him go to a new team or he's modeling somewhere, but when he actually plays he does something wrong in almost every match .. Sporting had a match today against Guimarães and they were winning 2 - 1 but then on the 88th minute there was a cross, Veloso failed to kick the ball and Guimarães tied the match .. so yeah ... he sucks.

I don't know if i agree Moutinho is overrated though, his mental attributes are off the charts but he's been playing in Sporting's first team for a very long time considering his age and he became the team captain with 19 or 20 years old.

I'm suppose to hate Sporting since i'm a Benfica supporter lol but Moutinho is one of the few that actually deserves my respect so i'm giving him a break

Palombo

Veloso

Adebayor

Pepe

Higuain

Berbatov

Vagner Love

Granted, I don't watch the Ukranian league at all, but whenever I've seen Srna play in Europe or for Croatia, he's easily been the best player in the pitch. I think he would be a star in any league in the world, he just is very loyal to Shakhtar.

to contribute: Adebayor, Tevez (he doesn't and will not ever score 30+ goals), Vagner Love.

Hmm - Adebayor, Bendtner, Vela, Van Persie ......

In the words of the immortal Eric Morcambe, "*cough*rsenal!" :D

Adebayor - Yes

Bendtner - Mentally, yes.

Vela - Yes, but only slightly. Clearly a huge talent, and I'm surprised he doesn't feature for the 1st team more.

Van Persie - Probably about right. He's a superb player on his day but hasn't had the chance to show it due to persistant injuries for the past 3 seasons. Even with long spells out he's constantly been a top scorer for a top side, and has the ability to reduce something very special. He doesn't do dull goals, that's for sure.

He maybe could do with some tweaking regarding his mental stats, because he seems a very driven and very flairy player, but seems to sometimes need that extra second to think that can hinder him putting his ability into practice. Also there need to be some footedness issues addressed in the Arsenal team. IIRC RvP's weaker foot is considerably better than Arshavin's, but I'm not too sure about that.

We'll never see how good Van Persie's right foot really is though, such is his reluctance to use it.

Is this not more down to the fact that he has decent physical stats which suit the match engine. Uche of Getafe is not over rated stats wise but because of his physical attributes he can get a goal a game.

Exactly. Same goes for the likes of Obafemi Martins and Agbonlahor etc. But all this makes them score unrealistic amount of goals every season and that makes them over-rated, doesn't it?

Exactly. Same goes for the likes of Obafemi Martins and Agbonlahor etc. But all this makes them score unrealistic amount of goals every season and that makes them over-rated, doesn't it?

No, because they're not rated too highly.

Oh my goodness...

Apart from captain his team to last year's UEFA Cup?

Also, if you think Higuain is overrated in the game having actually seen him play over the past season, you need your head examining.

How is Ibra overrated? You obviously don't watch any Italian football and are judging him based on a couple of Champions League matches - if you did you would know he is one of the best players in the world

Because he cant compete against other top teams from around the world. His world class competition he faces is AC Milan, Roma & Maybe Lazio.

Untill he performs on the European stage, he cannot be called one of the best in the world.

Raúl. Hands down. Given his IRL reactions to being seated, not included in the selection and the like, his mental stats should reflect a much less professional player. Then we could get on his physical stats. His pace and natural fitness should be 2-3 at max X3

Gotta agree with Ramos, Pepe and Love, and possibly add Bojan. he's good, but can't stand the pressure right now.

Archived