Lying or Just Plain Genius

After i have read most posts on this forum 9 times out of ten the member always seems to have been ridicously succesful like taking Burton to 3 Champions League titles in 10 seasons or whatever. I am not a genius and win everything nor do I lose all the time but for example my best ever game was where I got Nottingham Forest back into the Premiership with no unloackables and that took me 5 Seasons to achieve however it would of took an average member of this forum minimal seasons. Are most people lying or just FM Geniuses ????

After i have read most posts on this forum 9 times out of ten the member always seems to have been ridicously succesful like taking Burton to 3 Champions League titles in 10 seasons or whatever. I am not a genius and win everything nor do I lose all the time but for example my best ever game was where I got Nottingham Forest back into the Premiership with no unloackables and that took me 5 Seasons to achieve however it would of took an average member of this forum minimal seasons. Are most people lying or just FM Geniuses ????

• SI Staff

I think that some people rely more heavily on 'advice' from message boards and good player guides than others ..... with of course a small smattering of FM geniuses in amongst them icon_wink.gif

Also bear in mind that its generally the people who are doing well who talk most about their triumphs, people who are doing 'ok' and enjoying themselves tend not to post so much about things because they might feel there triumps aren't as great as the people posting.

Personally though I've found some of my greatest triumphs (on all our games) both in terms of fun and challenge have been seasons where I've done 'badly' but survived a relegation battle - there's something in me which really enjoys the challenge of battling against the odds and staying in a division by the skin of my teeth (possibly something to do with me being a Brighton fan? icon_wink.gif ).

Brighton who?

Yeah i love all challanges on FM

There are soo many, and ive had many games where its been a great save, but in others ive had to use all my skill, and theres alot there, to get me out of trouble, kind of like Newcastle icon_wink.gif

i rely on my mind for help lol, i dont pay attention to cheats as i believe that they are an easy way out of the game. If you want help , look at Marc's guide , its not cheats , just help for things you dont understand. Me? Ive only won 2 cups on this game so far: Intertoto and Ligue 2. Using my own tactic and signing players i feel will be good for the club hopefuly will win me more titles. On a couple of occasions Ive reached the final of 1 of the french cups but i never won it, just gotta keep tryin till i do...

Archived