Transfer Budgets

Quick question about transfer budgets:

My board gave me £150m for the season, and after a busy January transfer window I now have £200m to spend. To my knowledge £150m is the maximum the board can offer me, as it's been my budget for the last few years. Therefore would it be wise to immediately spend the extra £50m, or will it go towards next season's transfer budget?

Who are you playing as?

How are you getting that much?

Farsley in 2031. I got the budget of £150m by winning loads of trophies, and the extra £50m comes from general transfers (I sold my striker for £91m and my winger who came up through my youth academy for £58m, and then bought a new striker for £87m).

Ok so what happens if I don't spend the extra £50m - it can't just disappear surely?

Yeah it will mate. The board will give you a new transfer budget at the beginning of the new season and it will be GBP150m. Always happens in mine as never break into the GBP150 and always in fact have over GBP150m and the end of the season.

Am West Ham in my game.

That's stupid, is this a bug or something? Or is it in the game just to ensure you can't get a ridiculous transfer budget like £1b or something? It should just go to your overall balance.

Its not a bug or to stop inflation.

His board's attributes and club attributes are such that his chairman feels it'd be a waste to give him more than 150 mil in any given year to spend. If he ends the year with a bigger budget, great. More champagne at the Christmas party I guess. The money doesnt dissapear. It stays in the clubs bank account. It's jsut not given to you as part of the warchest.

Quick question about transfer budgets:

My board gave me £150m for the season, and after a busy January transfer window I now have £200m to spend. To my knowledge £150m is the maximum the board can offer me, as it's been my budget for the last few years. Therefore would it be wise to immediately spend the extra £50m, or will it go towards next season's transfer budget?

As some others have commented on, £150m is the default transfer budget at the start of the new season if your balance is ridiculously high. I don't know why the programmers chose £150m as the default. You can add to this by selling players, as you've done, which increases your transfer budget past £150m.

Whatever you don't spend, isn't lost. The transfer budget money isn't sitting in a pot somewhere waiting to be spent, it's accounted for from your overall balance. So whatever you don't spend is defaulted back to the £150m at the start of the new season if your balance is sufficiently high enough.

So spend it, or lose the allowance ;)

Archived