[Suggestion] Player Stats

Ok, this is mainly something for us long term gamers, who love the career games. But I'd love for FM to store players stats of every player we ever produce from our youth academy, and sign for our club. I understand this can add a lot of extra size to the save games, but its really something that I feel would add an extra dimension to the game.

The reason why I ask now, is because I'm playing FM08, and am in 2046. I just got a message that a player is returning to face me. I checked his history, and he was from my youth team 12 years ago. I completely forgot about him, and thought, how many others that have come and gone, have I forgotten about? It doesn't have to be anything major, and maybe only players from your youth academy, instead of any player you sign.

A view of what the page may look like :

Goalkeepers

Name     | apps | Con | Cln | Career

Player 1 | 354  | 320 | 78  | 2009-2018
[/font][font=Courier New]Player 2 |  17  |  54 |  1  | 2010-2011
[/font][font=Courier New]Player 3 |   0  |   0 |  0  | 2011-2011

Outfield Players

Name     | Apps | Gls | Ass | Career

Player 4 | 390  |  44 |  84 | 2012-2019

And so on and so forth. The reason why, mainly, is just so I can look back at what my youth players did, once they retired, pretty much.

Views, comments and additional ideas are welcome :D

As I often play longer career games, I would like this feature. I've a few players who I would like to see what happened to them, but they may have retired. It wouldn't add much to the database size, it'd only be players that have played for you and there wouldn't be too many for most people.

I think this is a pretty good idea, and could be developed with the Where Are They Now feature. Maybe instead of getting a news article when you click that button, it could take you to this new screen.

Another similar idea is keeping retired players' histories. I hate it when a player retires and I want to see his playing stats, but obviously am no longer able to do so. So when you click on a retired player, rather than being taken to his profile screen, you should be taken to his history screen.

Not a great idea really a bit unecessary dont you think. Actually its stupid !!!!

Please elaborate as to why this idea is stupid, and why you think its unnecessary. I feel it would add depth to the game for people who play more than 1 or 2 seasons. Like, myself.

I think that this feature would further dilute the already packed gaming experience. Ok it would be nice to view these items but you can track a player throughout the game anyway with a scout if your that interested in his career. For me its not necessary and cannot see it improving gaming experience much.

I think that this feature would further dilute the already packed gaming experience. Ok it would be nice to view these items but you can track a player throughout the game anyway with a scout if your that interested in his career. For me its not necessary and cannot see it improving gaming experience much.

Its not about tracking the players career. You've clearly not read the post entirely. Its about viewing the players career stats on a whim. Completely different things. I mean, I could manually check each player I ever produce each season, but that would take hours, when it would be quite simple for it to be coded into the game. And once a player retires, I have no recollection of his career anymore, but with this feature, I could still see what he did in his career.

A habit I started in my career game that you might find helpful:

Every time I sell/release a player who managed to reach a minimum level of notoriety at my club (usually anyone I buy or plays a game for the first team), I add them to a shortlist of mine called "Former Players". It helps me track any news about those who've left my team and I end up caring a lot more about some of my players' careers. I was pretty stoked when a former player who left for the Premiership got his first call-up for the national team.

Granted, I'm unable to see any player stats after they retire and it requires a handful of clicks, but it's easy to track those who've left my team and check up on their glory days with me and their future with their respective clubs.

Its basically an advancement on the Best Elevens. So perhaps we should remove that too, because its basically an "oh" every once in a while? Infact, why not strip FM down to the bare basics, because it really gets on my nerves when I say "Oh" once a season at something that is ultimately just ascetics. That way, we could save on the save game size, the game speed would increase and make everyone happy. confused-smiley.jpg

Its basically an advancement on the Best Elevens. So perhaps we should remove that too, because its basically an "oh" every once in a while? Infact, why not strip FM down to the bare basics, because it really gets on my nerves when I say "Oh" once a season at something that is ultimately just ascetics. That way, we could save on the save game size, the game speed would increase and make everyone happy.

But I love taking a 1/2 hour out of my game every so often just to look at former players, obscure Belorussian 2rd Division teams, etc. That last idea makes me a sad panda.

url.gif

Archived