An excellent idea: equipable items

I think to make this game more realistic your players should be able to equip items that assist them in some way on the field. For example you can equip your best striker with boots that give him +1 to speed and +1 to acceleration. It adds a whole new dimension to the game I think.

Some other suggestions might be a shirt that reduces fatigue by 10% or gloves that help reflexes by +2. Of course lesser items you'd just be able to buy from a shop, but better items you'd have to earn; perhaps by qualifying for Europe, or winning the league title, or other cup titles. These items would of course be a lot better. They might even be able to add PPMs to the player if they are good enough.

Can anyone else suggest new items?

I am flabergasted, how can anyone say that this is a bad idea?!?!

Just kidding, i thought it was ridiculous too.

I have always consider FM and CM to be 'simulations', rather than 'games'. Earning equipment makes no sense int eh real world. The gloves that Buffon wears can be bought by Joe Bloggs who plays in goal for Westen Super Mare, if Joe Bloggs was so inclined to spend his months wages on them.

As for equipment enhancing attributes, i am pretty sure that whether I am wearing Predators or a pair of gola boots, i am not going to be better or wrose at football.

Earning money throw winning trophies/promotions/other revenue streams and improving traning facilities would be the only way to work this and (surprise surprise) that is already in the game.

I think the OP have been playing to many EA Sports games on his console.

Tiger Woods is a excellent Golfing game, but there is absolutely nothing contained within TW that should be even come close to being considered for FM.

Edit: (For those who don't know: In tiger Woods PGA you can buy hats, sunglasses and shoes that can mysteriously increasing your hitting power and, get this, "Luck".

It's all too funny!)

How is it not 'realistic'?

Think about it. If you wear safety boats while playing football, you ain't going to go anywhere fast are you?

*Lightbulb!* You think to yourself... Lets try these Nike's T90 (Or whatever their upto now!). Lighter and a better fit. Now your going to be able to run alot quicker.

How is his idea not realistic?

I agree, the Gloves giving +2 Reflexes is stupid for a game like FM. But how about the 'Keepers handling? Better, more expensive gloves will prove better than £5 ones from ASDA.

You guys are to quick to shoot people down.

How many of you have came up with an idea and posted it for comments & critism?

Archived