So I don't need the CD to play anymore?

In how many computers can you activate it?

5 at anyone time. You can deactivate a computer though if you do not use it. Only limitation is that they have to be your computers so you can not give it to mates.

I actually love it like this. Means I am not having to constantly swap disks and I can play two games at once :cool:

5 at anyone time. You can deactivate a computer though if you do not use it. Only limitation is that they have to be your computers so you can not give it to mates.

I actually love it like this. Means I am not having to constantly swap disks and I can play two games at once :cool:

I hate the DRM but I love the no-discness.

The DRM doesn't bother me as I do not notice it. What do you find annoying about it?

I had one instance where my code suddenly didn't work and I was without the game for over two weeks. Took some emails before I was told I had to get a new code. It's just a bit unnerving that it's possible for that to happen and for something I've paid for become unavailable to me out of no fault of my own.

That and people who don't have the internet having to run up ££s on the activation phoneline, when it should have been an 0800 number. Nobody should have to pay extra to make something they've already paid for work, when people with the internet don't have to pay anything extra.

I just found this out as well, i went mental at my gf cos i thought she had thrown the disc out, turns out she hadn't, i just forgot i didnt need it!!! One very pricey dinner later, im much wiser.

McDonalds doesnt count.

That and people who don't have the internet having to run up ££s on the activation phoneline, when it should have been an 0800 number. Nobody should have to pay extra to make something they've already paid for work, when people with the internet don't have to pay anything extra.

I understand your frustration, but look at it this way: at least you live in the UK and thus can make that phonecall. I didn't had trouble at installing, so I never checked if people from other countries outside the UK can phone local numbers as well, though I doubt that meaning that if they had to phone, they would have lost more pounds than you did.

Archived