formation changes

I just wondering when you guys set up your tactics how many type of formations do you have

For example . I am arsenal and play 4-2-3-1 but when I want to play two upfront i just change to a simple 4-4-2

Do you guys do those changes or just stick with the same formation the whole time ?

Is Peter-evo sending secret messages on the forum again? :p (Matthew Goodfield? :confused:)

To answer the question, I have basically designed the most popular and fashionable formations in football at the moment, which I use in all of my save games. The formations are 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1, 4-2-3-1 and 4-1-2-3 (i.e. 4-3-3).

I switch between them depending upon the players I have available and my desired tactical approach for the specific game.

I'm not sure that it particularly causes any problems when switching between different formations. Some people believe that a new formation needs a bedding in period but personally I haven't seen any evidence for that. In my last game, I was switching between 4-4-2 and 4-1-2-3 when certain personnel were available. Didn't do me any harm at all.

C.

I have a standard 4-1-2-3 formation that remains uncahnged in my tactics screen. Then, once in the match screens i will amend it to a formation that suits my oponents. If its Arsenal (for example) i will go to a 4-1-4-1 with wingers pushing forward and and everyone else remaining as a solid unit. Whereas, if it is lowly FC United (for example) i will adjust the CM to push on and get into the box.

I dont change my tactics outside of the match screens because it seems to disrupt my players. I trick them into thinking they are playing the same formation every match, when they are actually playing up to 10 different formations as required

I mostly play an attacking 4-4-2, or a 4-4-1-1. I'm slowly but surely getting my players to play 4-2-2-2. That formation, for me, destroyed teams in FM '08.

All in all, i have 6 different tactics.. But mostly only use 3.

I do make minor changes, depending on who i'm playing.

Archived