Being able to arrange Loans outside of the transfer windows

This would be another small, yet spectacular addition to the game. I don't mean that you 'get' the player outside of the window, but like when you go to buy a player outside of a window, you arrange the deal before the window opens and then get them when it starts. This would just makes things easier, in my current game I'm looking to ship someone out on loan in January, and getting a 'replacement' in on loan as well. However I only have 30 days to get this sorted in January, whereas I've been planning it since early October. Would be so much easier to get it arranged beforehand, as I'm sure this kind of thing happens irl.

I dont think it does happen. What if a small team were to agree to take a player on loan in october so he arrives for Jan and that player gets seriously injured? They will be paying money for a player who cant play and will have wasted one of their loans.

I'm not sure how many clubs arrange for loans beforehand though. Transfers I can understand, but since loans are temporary, they are seen as a transaction that is done only when needed, and usually not 'planned'.

What would be good with loans is a more realistic loan-to-buy structure.

Lets take the Brian Howard to Sheffield Utd from Barnsley example. In reality, he went on loan in the loan window and made permanent in the transfer window. However, in-game, a club would never loan an important player (as Howard was to Barnsley) to a team in the same division.

Archived