Holidaying!

It has appeared to me that my team somehow have a better chance of winning when i go on holiday than me playing, mostly when playing a top 4 team. I would just like to know why that is, maybe the assistant changes tactics to every aspect of the game, such as trying long balls if the short game isn't working whereas i would not look at the feedback report.

Also does going on holiday effect you at all like your stats, what the players think of you going on holiday etc.

Often the players will think you don't give enough credit to them, ass managers never does a nice job with motivation when holidaying for me, and about tactics, when I holiday I tick the option to use my tactics which often is better than ass manager's tactics

Sam2812 - I suspect what this means is that your assistant is making mid-match tactical changes more frequently / more appropriately than you are.

Even if you tell him "Use the same tactics", he may be making tactical changes very early on in the match if he spots something that is working, or that is not working.

If you'd like to come to grips with the things you need to do to make successful tactical adjustments mid-match, I recommend a visit to the Tactical Theorems and Frameworks thread.

I run an AI experiment in which I need to be a holidaying manager of a team (I choose the Belgian Div 2 to stay out of the way), otherwise I can't have a shortlist and therefore track players.

One thing I've noticed is that after a couple of seasons, the side I'm holidaying with gets relegated, and then I have to choose another (as I get sacked). I then take another mid table side, and they'll get relegated in a couple of years too.

The point is, in the long run, holidaying doesn't help :)

I generally holiday during the close season. i try get all my transfers conducted early, in and out, then apply reject all offers option, then come back after pre season when my ass man, has taken charge of affairs whilst i am sunning myself.

:):thup::D

Archived