game runs slow help for update

ok my game runs at a average pace but not fast at all my pc can cope with it but just i would say couldnt have anything else runing so for fm 2010 i am getin it updated but what things do i need to get updated just the memorey and procesor ? and how much will this cost

ok my game runs at a average pace but not fast at all my pc can cope with it but just i would say couldnt have anything else runing so for fm 2010 i am getin it updated but what things do i need to get updated just the memorey and procesor ? and how much will this cost

What is your current memory and processor specifications?

erm im clueless with this stuff were do i find out ?

A quick way to find this out is to do this...

1. Right click on the my computer icon

2. select properties

3. report back here with what it says about windows version,processor and memory(ram)

Since you so little ram its safe to assume you have some old obsolete single core processor. Heh, even the computers in my storage room are more powerful :) Forget about upgrades and start thinking about buying a new computer. I dont know how much money you have available, but if you have a job you should be able to afford a nice quad core with lots of ram and a decent ati 4850 gfx card (or something similar).

You dont have anywhere near enough ram in your computer. The game specs says that if you have vista then you need a minimum of 1GB ram and if you have xp then you need a minimum of 512mb. How many leagues are you currently running with that amount of ram? I would recommend a minimum of 2gb for a good fm game with a good amount of leagues.

If your ram can't be upgraded then its time for a new computer.

• 2 weeks later...

i only run 3 at the moment dont think it could handle anymore and it still can go very slow after a few hours

i am wanting a new computer but dont have the money at the moment thats why i was just thinking of getting the update but thanks for advice people

If you try running one country at a time it might make the speed a little faster. Also turn off the 3D engine (which i presume you do not use anyway) in the preferences along with all the player images. If getting a new computer is out of the question then just basically strip the game down in the preferences section and delete your game add-ons if you have any.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived