Obscene amount of yellows

My center backs are getting tons of yellows throughout the season, I usually play them man marking and for specific instructions against opposing players, I usually don't have them hard tackling the strikers, but they still get booked. Anything else I can do to limit their amount of cards?

Also, how many matches does one get for 10 yellows? I thought it was two but one of my CBs just got his 10th yellow and now he has a 3 match ban? Playing in the second season now. He has never been red carded this season either

Possible factors:

Aggression - while defenders should be aggressive to certain amount, then being extremely aggressive means more bookings. Aggression attribute around 10 is reasonable. It should be between 10-15 for defenders. Disciplining your players for violent/unprofessional behaviour after they get sent off in a match might lower aggression attribute.

Skills - good tackler is mostly playing ball, not men. When he lacks skills and opposition strikers pace, technique, agility are too good, then defenders make more fouls.

Referee - obviously you have noticed that in one game you play 90 minutes without any bookings and in other one ref is giving at least 4-5 to each team. You should be a bit more cautious about hard tackling and opp. instructions when the referee is harsh one.

Archived