Idea - 'Reject Applicants'

Just a little idea that would make the game a bit quicker and easier for me when I'm trying to get some new staff in. Basically when you get your initial applicants, and find out they're crap, or none of them are 'what you were looking for' couldn't an option be put in to 'reject them' just so when you continue the search they don't come up and clog up the results next time?

Wholeheartedly agree mate - damn annoying waiting 3-4 weeks say with a job advertised and havin to filter through the same garbage every time, especially when most you're applicants turn out turd anyway

Not sure if this is just me but I would like to be able to select those who have jobs and those who don't. In a lower league club you can never afford the compensation and its misleading to new players.

Yeah, this would be good too. Perhaps you could do it when originally posting the opening? You could have it so that it's not only those who are unemployed, but also those who are on rolling contracts or anything which wouldn't require compensation.

i also believe they should have a filter/search panel (much like a player search) so you can easily compare attributes between potential applicants..

There is already the staff search option which works exactly the same as player search but for staff obviously...

Just a little idea that would make the game a bit quicker and easier for me when I'm trying to get some new staff in. Basically when you get your initial applicants, and find out they're crap, or none of them are 'what you were looking for' couldn't an option be put in to 'reject them' just so when you continue the search they don't come up and clog up the results next time?

Absolutely :thup:. I have to nickname them '--' so I can just ignore them when they come up again, so obviously I'd love this feature.

Some excellent points in this thread, in close succession. I agree with most all of them!

There is already the staff search option which works exactly the same as player search but for staff obviously...

Except this one - if I wanted to use Staff Search, I'd just use Staff Search. What I really want is for the "Post Advert" functionality to work sufficiently well that we can use it. (Plenty of people play by some version of the LLM ethos, and eschew the "Search" screens.)

Absolutely :thup:. I have to nickname them '--' so I can just ignore them when they come up again, so obviously I'd love this feature.

D'oh! Wish I'd thought of that years ago!!

i also believe they should have a filter/search panel (much like a player search) so you can easily compare attributes between potential applicants..

This is the feature I most want added to the "Advert" feature - show me a screen built up just like the Staff Search screen, but containing only the staff members who have applied to my club within the past .. 60 days?

I suspect this - with how easy it would be to compare staff members and/or find the one that I'm looking for - would solve most of the other problems. For example, I wouldn't need to "reject" people explicitly if I had a sortable comparison screen; they would always sort to the bottom of my list, so I wouldn't waste my time looking at them.

Yeah, this would be good too. Perhaps you could do it when originally posting the opening? You could have it so that it's not only those who are unemployed, but also those who are on rolling contracts or anything which wouldn't require compensation.

I like this idea - both Shottaz post and Dreaded Walrus's followup - a lot.

When posting the ad, maybe you could specify several things:

- Maximum compensation

- Maximum salary

- Language required

I'm not sure I'd want to be able to say "minimum Judging Potential of 15, Motivating players of 12, and Working with Youngsters of 18" ... but perhaps we could specify one "key attribute", and applicants who are weak with that (1-5 might be "weak" for a BSN team, 1-13 might be "weak" for an EPL team) would know not to apply.

Specifying an age would be against U.S. employment law under "age discrimination" statutes, but as a manager in a game it might be a useful possibility.

I'm sure there are other things people might want to specify - "Preferred formation", maybe? - so this "job posting" idea is a very good one.

Archived