Does nationality have a significant effect on chemistry??

sorry if this has already been mentioned. Basically simply want to know whether players from the same country are actually affected? E.g My strikers are Baptista and Keirrison both of Brazil...Will they play better together then if i put one of them with, say, an italian such as Totti??

italian teams are a good example of squad harmony. They have italians as a core and 1 foreign nationality. eg milan has brazilians while inter has argentines. In the game it is purely for settling purposes and until they learn the language. If you have a team of brazilians in your roma team, new brazilian signings will adjust easier

Thanks guys. Sel thats the kinda thing i have done, im Roma and have basically carried on with their policy of using italians and brazilians. Just merely wondered if it will have an affect on performances?

I had a related problem soon after I signed Miguel Veloso for my United side. I played a game where the starting XI featured Veloso, Ronaldo, Nani, Anderson, Rafael and Fabio - all of them speak Portuguese as their first language and yet I was still told that Veloso was having troubles communicating "because of the language barrier" - surely this wouldn't be the case in real life? They'd all just speak Portuguese to each other.

Seems a bit odd to me that because my team is in England, he needs to be able to speak English to communicate? Surely if I was playing as Arsenal it'd be more useful for my players to speak French?

Does having a number of players who speak the same language actually help with their adaptation at all? Because it doesn't seem to in my experience.

I suppose the "troubles communicating" applies to when he isn't with those who speak his language (i.e. most of the squad, the coaches, physios, refs, etc); he'd need a translator or something. All this would affect his settling, I imagine.

Arsenal fan 123: That's cool he learned English before arrival, but has anyone noticed the reverse? I've had players (Spanish, Hungarian, etc) play for me for years, learn English (not just basic), and once they leave the club they immediately forget it...bizarre.

Arsenal fan 123: That's cool he learned English before arrival, but has anyone noticed the reverse? I've had players (Spanish, Hungarian, etc) play for me for years, learn English (not just basic), and once they leave the club they immediately forget it...bizarre.

lmaoooooooooo :D

it also depends on adaptability but if you follow the idea that signing 1 foreign nationality for your team it reduces its affect. Took me a while to realise it but signing argentines for spainish teams is the best because they already speak spanish! If you need to see the adaptability of a player use a scouting tool or editor

Archived