Dilemma.

I am manager of Manchester City in the 2021/2022 season, and have been quite succesful, winning the champions league 4 times, the premiership 5 times and the FA cup on 7 occasions.

Although the money has been the main factor in this, I am now described as a world class manager and am now ranked 4th in the Hall of Fame list for the best worldwide managers ever. However, I am starting to get bored as Man City manager and want a new challenge.

As I have never got to such a level whereby I am described as world class, I do not want to quit this game. I would like a new challenge though, but would not want to take over someone like Real Madrid, who are similar to the situation at City. I have the English, Spanish and Italian league selected.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do now? I am not enjoying FM with City any longer, but need a new team to take over!

Try and join a midtable team in Spain...someone who you could build up over the next few years to compete with Barca/Madrid. Make sure it's a team who haven't recently been competing for europe, or else you'll be expected to be right back ato the top of the league (happened to be with Zaragoza!) and you also won't be given alot of time to re-build the squad how you want it.

Another option is to join a specific team...like, I have a soft spot for Lazio...

Just keep an eye on the job vacancies. Look for a big club that is underachieving. I joined AC Milan after 8 seasons at Newcastle and some okay success (3 prems, 2 CLs and a few domestic cups) when they were mid-table at Christmas.

I finished second that season, where it was harder to lose games than win them - no idea what the AI manager was up to, but I suspect he had a bet on them to go down.

Archived