[FM09] 'He's Had More Clubs Than Tiger Woods...': A European Escapade

HunterKiller

Leagues: England (BSS/BSN), Italy (Serie C2), Scotland (Div 3), Spain (Div 2B)

Database: 9.0.3 standard, Large

Starting Rep: Sunday league Footballer

First off, hello everyone *waves* I'm really pleased that this forum has been created, because it really matches the way I play. I've also been really impressed with the quality of the updates that have been posted in the short time this has been up (even if I haven't commented on them *blushes*).

This is the 'story' of my career, which has taken me to 4 different countries. The post below will be updated with club stats and the like, including any trophy I manage to win. At the moment, that looks unlikely! Anyway, I hope you enjoy the thread, and please feel free to post any comments/abuse/praise/ideas throughout!

The game has been going for a while now, and I will only be fully updating from my current season (2018/2019), so the previous years will be summed up quickly in the below post.

CLUB HISTORY

Manchester City (EPL) 8/7/2008 - 14/8/2008

Achievements - Managed to spend £46 million!

Notes: Er, basically got bored having lots of money to spend! Resigned on the eve of the opening Premier League game

Burscough (BSN/BSP) 1/3/2009 - 26/5/2013

Time at club - 1,547 days (longest stay to date)

Achievements - Promotion to BSP 2011/2012

Notes - New club came in after relegation back to BSN 2012/2013, and I didn't fancy trying to take them back up :o

Livingston (SD2/SD1) 26/5/2013 - 3/1/2016

Achievements - Won Scottish Division 2 2014/2015

Notes - Felt we would struggle in the higher league, and when my next club came calling, I couldn't resist....

Southampton (EL1) 3/1/2016 - 30/11/2016

Achievements - N/A

Notes - Couldn't get the Saints going in League One, and resigned with the club in a relegation battle

Rovigo (Serie C2/C) 5/12/2016 - 8/12/2018

Achievements - N/A

Notes - Made playoffs in my first season, followed by a frustrating, injury-plagued season and a half, exacerbated by a ludicrously small wage budget and spiralling debt. Resigned.

Teruel (Spanish Second Division B2) 10/12/20018 - Present

Achievements - N/A

TROPHIES

Scottish Second Division Winners (Livingston, 2014/2015)

December 2018 - Teruel (Spanish Second Division B2)

Teruel were the first club to approach me after resignation from Rovigo. Sitting 20th in the league with 8 points from 17 games, this was certainly to be a challenge! Squad is pretty threadbare (no left back!), as is the backroom staff, no assistant manager or coaches. Surprisingly, there is a lot of room in the wage budget, and £775k in the transfer kitty! I started making transfers straight away...

Transfers In

Valverde (GK) - Free

Pedro Sierra (ST) - Free

Luismi (LB) - Free

Matches

Caudal (H) 3-1 (Alberto, Ignacio, Dani)

Valladolid ‘B’ (A) 1-0 (Pedro Sierra)

Two good wins against fellow relegation candidates see us climb to 17th, and give me great hope for the rest of the season!

Thanks Saxonaitor, I'm sure I'll go through a few more clubs before this finishes!

January 2019 - Teruel (Spanish Second Division B2)

A new year, a new hope. although we had a tricky run of fixtures against teams from the top half of the table.

Transfers In:

Victor Salas (Assistant Manager) - Free

Juanje (AMC) - Free, an 'experienced' and creative midfielder

Moises (DC) - Free, a tough centre back

Matches:

Universidad LP (A) 0-3

Eibar (H) 0-2

Real Union (H) 3-2 (Dani 2, Pedro Sierra)

Real Sociedad B (A) 2-0 (Pedro Sierra, Dani)

A mixed bag, we played awfully against Universidad and were lucky to get nil. Beating leaders Real Union was massive though, and we followed that up with a good win against promotion candidates Sociedad. We end the month in 16th, the last of the relegation places, four points away from safety.

February 2019 - Teruel (Spanish Second Division B2)

Transfers In:

None

Matches:

Zamora (H) 1-1 (Pedro Sierra)

Salamanca (H) 2-1 (Pedro Sierra, Francisco Javier)

Logrones (A) 1-2 (Dani, Moises missed pen)

Mirandes (A) 0-0

Not a bad month overall, although it could have been so much better! Moises missed a penalty that would have got us a point against Logrones, and we had a goal controversially disallowed at Mirandes, the team in 15th. Ended the month in 16th, 3 points from safety.

March 2019 - Teruel (Spanish Second Division B2)

Transfers In:

Jesus Manual Garrido (ST) - £10k

Strong targetman, will join in July as Alberto has been terrible.

Matches:

Palencia (H) 1-1 (Juanje)

Zaragoza B (A) 0-0

Las Palmas Atlectico (H) 2-1 (Pedro Sierra, Ignacio)

Huesca (A) 2-2 (Ignacio, Juanje pen)

Portugalete (H) 2-0 (Juanje, Pedro Sierra)

A great unbeaten month, with veteran Juanje really coming to the fore with some crucial goals. The game against Las Palmas was a vital one, as they were one place above us in the table. The team showed great courage to come back from 1-0 down, and although that was marred by throwing away a 2-0 lead against Huesca, a win against lowly Portugalete saw us climb out of the relegation places for the first time!

April 2019 - Teruel (Spanish Second Division B2)

Transfers In

Ignacio Cortes (RB) - Free, a young replacement for my aging (and rubbish) current full back. Will join in July.

Matches

Alorcon (A) 0-0

Amurrio (A) 0-3

Burgos (H) 0-0

Tenerife (H) 1-2 (Alberto)

A terrible month, crowned by possibly our worst performance at bottom club Amurrio after which the hairdryer came out. Alberto finally scored after over sixteen hours without a goal, but ten-man Tenerife still came out on top. Thankfully, the teams below are also poor, and as a result we are 5 points clear of relegation, with just two games to go.

Cheers Cenotaph, see below for relegation news!

May 2019 - Teruel (Spanish Second Division B2)

Transfers In:

Vicente (DM) - Free, released by Real Madrid!

Matches

Caudal (A) 3-0 (Pedro Sierra 2, Alberto)

Valladolid B (H) 1-0 (Pedro Sierra)

Two wins out of two against easy teams, and the season is over. Relegation is avoided by 5 points, and we actually finished two places away from the zone!

League Table

Next update will be a review of the season, plus close season news!

Thanks Cenotaph! To be honest, I enjoy a relegation scrap more than a mid-table season, which is weird :)

Purefun - heh, hadn't seen your comment. Kindred spirits?

2018 - 2019 Review - Teruel (Spanish Second Division B2)

After leaving Rovigo, I had sort of promised myself that I would not just jump at the first job opportunity, that I would pick and choose. I got impatient :)

I could have landed in worse places than Teruel though. The former manager must have made me look like a tactical genius, as they really weren't a bad team when I arrived, and there were a lot of good players available who wanted to join the club. Having avoided relegation, mid-table is the goal for next year!

Awards

Top Scorer - Pedro Sierra (10) An inspired signing by yours truly...

Top Assists - Jorge Aguilar (7) Bit surprised, a member of the original squad

Best Av Rat - Luismi (6.93) Only left back in the squad, old but consistent

Fan's POTY - Ignacio Odd choice, but what do the fans know?

My POTY - Moises Really tightened up the defence after his arrival

Former Club Watch

Manchester City - Finished 11th in EPL, and haven't finished higher than fifth!

Burscough - Bounced straight back up to the BSP after I left, and have been unsuccessful three times in the playoffs

Livingston - Have become a yo-yo team, currently in Scottish Second Division

Southampton - Still in CCL1, have reached the playoffs in both seasons since I left!

Rovigo - Defeated in playoff semi last year

Close season news to come....when I've played it!

Close Season Summer 2019

Transfers

Transfer Summary

A few in for a fraction of my (£800k!) transfer budget, while a lot of the older players were shipped out.

Ones to Watch

Carlos - Uncomplicated winger. He runs, he dribbles, he crosses. Simple. And all for £50k

Javi Guerra - Good young keeper with good handling

Alberto - A different one! Pacy central midfielder who can actually hit a barn door from distance occasionally

Friendlies (Assistant Manager in charge, * denotes new signing)

Murcia Imperial (A) 3-3 (Cortes*, Merino*, Pedro Sierra)

Cerro Reyes (A) 1-0 (Aguilar)

Marbella (H) 0-1

Ciempozuelos (A) 1-2 (Alberto*)

Santboia (H) 2-0 (Alberto*, Aguilar)

Gernika (H) 1-0 (Francisco Javier)

80-1 for the league? I'll put a tenner on :cool:

September 2019 - Teruel (Spanish Second Division B2)

Matches:

Zaragoza B (H) 1-0 (Moises)

Universidad LP (A) 0-1

Oviedo (H) 1-0 (L Cortes)

Logrones (A) 0-2

Huesca (H) 1-0 (Garrido)

Segoviana (A) 3-1 (Luismi, Dani, Pedro Sierra pen)

A very strange month. We were imperious in the first two home matches, completely dominating our opponents but only scoring one goal each. We did manage to break our away hoodoo though, smashing Segoviana and ending the month in fifth place.

October 2019 - Teruel (Spanish Second Division B2)

Matches:

Alaves (H) 0-3

Real Union (A) 1-2 (L Cortes)

Burgos (H) 1-1 (Luismi)

Palencia (A) 0-1

Well, that was a terrible month :( I though we had turned a corner when Luismi fluked a last minute goal against Burgos, but an injury-time winner for Palencia deflated us completely. 1 point from 4 games (including our first home loss of the season) see us fall to 15th and back into the relegation battle.

November 2019 - Teruel (Spanish Second Division B2)

Matches:

Eibar (A) 1-2 (Carlos)

Tenerife (H) 1-0 (Garrido)

Marino (A) 3-2 (Moises, Merino, L Cortes)

Salamanca (H) 5-0 (Pedro Sierra 3, Merino, Juanje)

November finally saw the team start to gel and really play some good football. A disappointing away loss at Eibar saw Carlos net his first goal for Teruel, and some tactical tweaks for the following games saw us win three in a row. The run culminated in an emphatic victory over mid-table Salamanca, Pedro Sierra ending a worrying goal drought with a superb hat-trick. We end the month in 9th, having comfortably pulled away from the relegation zone.

December 2019 - Teruel (Spanish Second Division B2)

Matches:

Alcorcon (A) 2-0 (Pedro Sierra 2)

Federation Cup R1 Leg 1 Alicante (A) 0-2

Mirandes (H) 1-2 (Pedro Sierra)

Federation Cup R1 Leg 2 Alicante (H) 3-1 (Garrido, Merino, Ignacio) Out on away goals

Real Sociedad B (H) 3-1 (Alberto 2, L Cortes)

Bilbao Atletico (H) 2-0 (L Cortes, Francisco Javier)

Another pretty good month, really only soured by the home loss to struggling Mirandes. Our performance in the first leg of the cup game was poor, but a rousing second leg performance nearly sneaked us through. Lucas Cortes is also really starting to shine on the right wing, keeping his more expensive compatriot Carlos out of the starting XI. The good league for sees us climb to sixth, and in with a shout of a playoff place :cool:

Cheers Cenotaph and benrollo :thup:

January 2020 - Teruel (Spanish Second Division B2)

Transfers in:

Sancho (DC) - Free, seventeen year-old defender joins in July

Transfers out:

Carlos - Levante B, Free, leaving at end of contract

Aguilar - Aguilas, Free, leaving at end of contract

Matches:

Zalla (A) 0-1

Zaragoza B (A) 2-1 (Moises, Garrido)

Universidad LP (H) 3-0 (Pedro Sierra 2, Juanje)

Univ Oviedo (A) 2-1 (Pedro Sierra, Carlos)

A good month in the league after the close game at Zalla sees us hold on to sixth position. My 500th game in football saw us demolish Universidad LP, Pedro Sierra continuing his good form. Carlos and Aguilar have had few furst-team opportunities this season, and will move at the end of July.

February 2020 - Teruel (Spanish Second Division B2)

Matches:

Logrones (H) 2-1 (Juanje, Garrido)

Huesca (A) 1-1 (L Cortes)

Segoviana (H) 3-0 (Merino 2, Garrido)

Alaves (A) 2-4 (L Cortes 2)

Second-placed Alaves finally brought to an end a good unbeaten run that lasted seven games. Back-up strikers Merino and Garrido had chances to impress due to an injury to Pedro Sierra and did a good job, assisted by the continuing good form of right winger Lucas Cortes. Ended the month in sixth, with the top five beginning to pull away.

March 2020 - Teruel (Spanish Second Division B2)

Matches:

Real Union (H) 1-0 (Merino)

Burgos (A) 0-1

Palencia (H) 0-1

Eibar (H) 0-1

Tenerife (A) 1-2 (Pedro Sierra)

Marino (H) 2-1 (Pedro Sierra, Garrido)

A really tough month saw us face 4 of the top five, and come out on the losing side by one goal on each occasion. The press even started to get on my back, but I knew that playing any other teams in the league, we probably would have won the way we were performing. The last game proved that, and we ended the month in seventh, with our playoff dreams now out of sight.

April 2020 - Teruel (Spanish Second Division B2)

Transfers in:

Carlos Jimenez (DRC) - Free

Matches:

Salamanca (A) 0-2

Alorcon (H) 2-2 (Pedro Sierra, L Cortes)

Real Sociedad B (A) 0-0

Mirandes (H) 4-2 (Pedro Sierra 2, Merino, Juanje pen)

A defeat and two draws leaves us in eighth, meaning that the last two games are now dead rubbers.

May 2020 - Teruel (Spanish Second Division B2)

Transfers in:

Daniel Morales (ST) - Free

Matches:

Bilbao Atlectico (A) 4-0 (Merino 2, L Cortes, Garrido)

Zalla (H) 0-2

A thumping win against relegated Bilbao was soured by a limp home defeat in the last game of the season which saw a record high attendance for the club of 1,818. Still, we finished a creditable seventh at the end of my season second at Teruel.

League Table

Thanks ToMexico!!, lots of screenies below :) Let me know if there is anything else you want to see!

2019 - 2020 Review - Teruel (Spanish Second Division B2)

Overall, I was really pleased with our performance in the league, 7th far exceeding my expectations at the start of the season. we lost crucial points against the top team though, and the defence was a bit too leaky for my liking. Lucas Cortes has become a key player for us, and we really struggled when he was injured. The majority of the squad are now also on full-time contracts.

Awards

Top Scorer - Pedro Sierra (15) Another good season, marred by some niggling injuries. Now club captain.

Top Assists - Dani (9) Very consistent season from the veteran winger, but this coming year could be his last at Teruel. Broke record for most appearances for the club (133)

Best Av Rat, Fan's POTY & My POTY - Lucas Cortes (7.30) Absolutely superb. Cortes was originally bought as a back-up for both flanks, but soon made the right wing position his own. Scored vital goals at crucial times, and broke club record for most MoM awards in a season (6)

Other

Finances - Nice and comfortable :cool:

Squad

Parent Club - A nice surprise, I hadn't asked for one!

The board also responded positively to a request to upgrade the youth facilities, after I nearly cried when seeing the players promoted for next season :D

Former Club Watch

Manchester City - Finished 4th in EPL

Burscough - Becoming a solid BSP team

Livingston - Finished 2nd in Scottish Second Division but failed to gain promotion

Southampton - Finished mid-table in CCL1

Rovigo - Have become the epitome of mid-table mediocrity

Close Season Summer 2020

Transfers

Transfer Summary

A few in, a few out. Trying to keep the squad consistent, as I believe we have the nucleus of a really good team. Given £1.2m to spend (:eek:), and spent £16k of it :D

Ones to Watch

Bernal - Looks a great prospect at 17, and will provide cover for both the right flank and up front if needed

Rodriguez - Decent left midfielder, again more of a back up than a starter

Alberto Vicente - Coming in as a starting left back, expected to displace aging Luismi

Friendlies (Assistant Manager in charge)

Denia (A) 5-0 (Morales 2, OG, Pedro Sierra, Garrido)

Leiria (A) 0-2

Univ Zaragoza (H) 7-0 (Antonio, Garrido, Javier, Pedro Sierra, A Vicente, David, Vicente)

San Fernando (A) 3-0 (Antonio, Alberto, Garrido)

Tropezon (A) 4-0 (Alberto 2, OG, Garrido)

A really good preseason, lots of goals and four clean sheets out of five games. Bookies have us at 20-1, and I think that if we can perform against the big teams we have a chance of playoffs. Also in the Spanish Cup for the first time :cool:

Thanks ToMexico!!, have high hopes for this season! I've also decided to update just 2/3 times a season now, as I felt like I was just boosting my post count a bit too much by doing it every month!

August-December 2020 - Teruel (Spanish Second Division B2)

Selected Matches:

Real Union 13.9.2020 (H) 4-0 (Pedro Sierra, L Cortes, Antonio, Garrido)

Completely overran a decent mid table team. Lucas Cortes ran the show, setting up two goals and scoring a superb solo effort. Pedro Sierra could even miss a penalty towards the end; we were just untouchable.

Guijuelo 23.9.2020 (H) 6-2 (Pedro Sierra 3, Bernal, Garrido Antonio)

Smashed a newly promoted team, Sierra bagging a hat trick and Bernal scoring his first for the club as we set a new record for the highest-scoring Teruel game!

Salamanca 04.10.2020 (A) 0-0

Not a classic, but proved to me that we could live with the top teams. We were, however, grateful to goalkeeper Raul Valverde who played absolutely out of his skin to bag us a point.

Eibar 01.11.2020 4-1 (L Cortes, Pedro Sierra, Rodriguez, OG)

Eibar were sitting one place above us in third before the game, but we proved once again that Pinilla is a fortress this season. Once again, the deadly duo of Cortes and Sierra proved too much for the vistors.

League Form:

At the end of a superb September, we were sitting in second place, but some indifferent results brought us down a bit. We have been hanging around fourth since November and are 7th currently in a tight playoff race: League Table

Cups:

Spanish Cup Round 1 - Gava (H) 2-0 (Pedo Sierra 2)

Spanish Cup Round 2 - Vecindario (H) 3-2 (L Cortes 2, OG)

Spanish Cup Round 3 - Leganes (A) 1-2 (L Cortes)

A nice little cup run, exceeding the board's expectations of the second round. We came back from 2-0 in Round 2, and the adventure was only ended by a last minute sucker punch soon after we had equalised.

Finances

The club is still looking nice and stable, aided by higher attendances this year: Finances

The chairman is now 'Willing to listen to offers' though, which worries me slightly!

Other

I am starting to be linked with a return to English football, the media speculation linking me with both Chesterfield and Cardiff in Coca-Cola League 1. I can't see myself leaving plucky Teruel at the moment though!

Cheers Benrollo, I thought so too...

January - April 2021 - Teruel (Spanish Second Division B2)

Transfers:

Paxti del Sol - Young, pacey left winger. Paid well over the odds for him at £250k though :o

David Ruiz Ruiz - Young central midfielder picked up for free with a great name and superb hair :D

Selected Matches:

Huesca 10.1.2021 (A) 3-0 (Bernal, Pedro Sierra, L Cortes)

Our most convincing away performance of the season so far, Lucas Cortes scoring one and setting up the other two.

Calahorra 28.2.2021 (A) 3-0 (Antonio, Morales, Pedro Sierra)

Easily outplayed a struggling team, Pedro Sierra scoring his 43rd league goal for the club and setting a new club record. The win also moved us back into the playoff places after a dodgy patch.

Eibar 14.3.2021 (A) 1-0 (del Sol)

Great, gritty win against a top team, del Sol scoring his first goal for the club.

League Form:

We were in the playoff race right up until the last six games of the season, where we faced five of the top six teams. Once again, our form against the front runners was simply not good enough, and we settled in sixth place.

Finances

The club is still in good shape financially: FinancesThe chairman is now 'Looking to leave', and there was a failed takeover bid from a fans trust in February - April...here's hoping for a tycoon!

Season review to follow!

Archived