Limited holidays for real simulation

I'm thinking this has been thought before, if so, than I apologize.

How can an employed manager go on holiday the whole year, and still keep his/her job? Oh... and win the league at the same time. LOL!

This is a good feature though. But for real simulations, I'm thinking, maybe we can add an extra option before you start your game, such as "Tough guy mode" where your holidays are limited in accordance to club policy.

My company policy gives 0.5 days for every month you work. So maybe the board should have that as well. Also, you are not allowed to go on holidays during matches, depending on how the board sees the importance of the match.

These things add to simulation experience and challenge, cuz really guys, I can go on holiday the whole season and win a double with my AssMan in the driver's seat all year long.

But like I said, its an extra option. Not saying the should take the unlimited holidays off.

How can an employed manager go on holiday the whole year, and still keep his/her job? Oh... and win the league at the same time. LOL!

This is a good feature though. But for real simulations, I'm thinking, maybe we can add an extra option before you start your game, such as "Tough guy mode" where your holidays are limited in accordance to club policy.

My company policy gives 0.5 days for every month you work. So maybe the board should have that as well. Also, you are not allowed to go on holidays during matches, depending on how the board sees the importance of the match.

These things add to simulation experience and challenge, cuz really guys, I can go on holiday the whole season and win a double with my AssMan in the driver's seat all year long.

But like I said, its an extra option. Not saying the should take the unlimited holidays off.

If you want the game to have a totally realistic mode then as manager you should only be allowed holidays in the off-season.

Personally I think realism is only good up to a point. Things like the holiday mode are not realistic but are good for the game. Personally I wouldn't feel the need for extra holiday options when loading the game, but at the same time I have nothing against extra options in the game, as long as I'm not forced to use them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chopper99:

If you want the game to have a totally realistic mode then as manager you should only be allowed holidays in the off-season.

Personally I think realism is only good up to a point. Things like the holiday mode are not realistic but are good for the game. Personally I wouldn't feel the need for extra holiday options when loading the game, but at the same time I have nothing against extra options in the game, as long as I'm not forced to use them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah exactly. You don't have to use them. I'm just thinking of adding an extra challenge. For the sake of simulation of course.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

I think the issue here is that there is a facility called 'holiday', but it's not really anything to do with going on holiday at all! Maybe if it were actually termed 'simulation mode' that might be a more accurate description. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. Your in-game manager persona hasn't actually gone on holiday in the game world. It's a feature for group/network games so that if one particpant is not around then he can set it to holiday mode to let the others carry on playing.

There's absolutley no point adding a feature where the 'holidays' are limited.

Lol. Yes, I think you misunderstand the "holiday" concept. He's not sitting in the Bahamas with his feet up.

I've not used the "holiday" option since 1996! We'd all go round to my mates house and play all day. If someone didn't turn up, he'd get put on "holiday". Thats the main use of it, but it has it's advantages in other areas too.

Here's a controversial suggestion: If you don't want to use holiday mode then don't use it. The option is already there!

Maybe there should be a "Bore into submission" mode to increase realism that only allows you to play one game day per real day and if you fail to play the game day on its real day you have to give up on that savegame completely because the realism has gone completely icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> For the sake of simulation of course. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Putting in a feature for the sake of realism is not the way to go.

If you dont want to use it, dont.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bomjr:

My company policy gives 0.5 days for every month you work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is your company North Korean based?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frame:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bomjr:

Is your company North Korean based? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, no its not. Why? 0.5 days too low for your standards I assume? icon_razz.gif

But then if the holiday thing is not a holiday, should we suggest a change in terms for future FM?

But like I said, its an extra option. Not saying the should take the unlimited holidays off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The game cannot be 100% realistic otherwise you even cannot start playing the game since you are most unlikely to be hired as a FOOTBALL MANAGER in the first place.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kevin_chn:

But like I said, its an extra option. Not saying the should take the unlimited holidays off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The game cannot be 100% realistic otherwise you even cannot start playing the game since you are most unlikely to be hired as a FOOTBALL MANAGER in the first place. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I resent that remark! icon_razz.gif

No game should be too realistic otherwise it would be boring. Games are meant to be fun, take your mind out of the real world. Having some wacky options never hurts unless you're forced to use them.

I see no reason why Holiday mode should be changed, having options that go with it could be good, but don't change or limit it unless that's in option in itself.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> But then if the holiday thing is not a holiday, should we suggest a change in terms for future FM? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frame:

Is your company North Korean based? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Join the Merchant Navy, 3 months on, 3 months off, a FM players dream! icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Join the Merchant Navy, 3 months on, 3 months off, a FM players dream! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bah! Three months ON!? Forever off is the FM players dream icon_wink.gif

It's pointless to limit the holiday mode use, its only in there as a tool not as something for realistically going on holiday.

When I'm employed with a team I never use the holiday function its only for holidaying a season at the beginning so I can pick up a newly promoted side. If I get sacked then I can holiday until I find a new job, theres no reason to limit the tool.

If you want to limit holiday, you can just limit that to yourself; the holiday mode is fine as it is. I enjoy using holiday mode when it's pre-season after I arranged all the friendlies since the ass man tend to be able to let anyone play and make them all fit, while I tend not to use the whole 12 sub within the second half.

Also, when youe team is already winning the league, you can just pull up youth players and go on holiday. I found holiday is useful for me for those reasons.

I realize that you are saying that we should have an option; but aren't there already so many options being suggested?

option to limit holiday, option not to be sacked, option to retire squad numners, etc.

The best option is to optionize yourself. Just limit to what you want to do/not do and don't have to have those in game to prevent others from infinite possibilities of football.

Want limited holidays? Don't go on holiday

Don't want to be sacked? Don't suck, play wise and win games.

Want to retire certain squad number? Don't assign it!

As easy as that!

Archived