I Can't Win

This has happened for the last 6 or so games in a bloody row.

In every match I've been winning and in every match I've lost :mad:

I've tried going defensive/time wasting once I'm 1 or 2-0 up but still I f****** lose.

Is there anything I can do to make sure I hold onto my win? My whole team is playing awful lately for no apparent reason and I've been knocked out of the Leage Cup, FA Cup and Euro Cup because of my teams ability to lose after going a goal or two up and now I've gone from 2nd to 5th in the League. In every game the oposition score the winning goal in the 88th minute or later which really ****es me off.

Rant over :mad:

Well it depends, if you have a lead going into half-time, then use the team talk that says 'Don't get complacent', in my own experience, this makes it so your team continues to try as hard as they can, and usually I score another goal or two

However, if this doesnt work, then Park the bus.

:)

Ive gone into many a game where I have a 1-0 lead in the first leg, and I dont think I can hold out in the second leg, so I play a 4-4-2-0-0, with 4 defenders, 4 defensive midfielders, and 2 central midfielders. I find that this can also work during a game as well, sure, you wont create a chance, and there will be very tense moments where the other team goes to score, but in my experience, the other team wont score as long as your defenders are good ;)

Also, if your winning against a lesser team by only 1 or 2 goals, and you reach half time, say that your 'disappointed', and they will go on to score a few more :D

It can depend, to be honest with you it happens. Some times it's just a blip. Then you can do no different and turn it around. My best advice would be don't do anything too drastic. Just ride the storm and it'll turn around.

But you can have a look on some threads on here, where you may find some useful advice and pointers.

Some time it just happens. Your best lifting the players moral. Such as renew contracts, tutor players, make sure you've the latest game patch. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Well it depends, if you have a lead going into half-time, then use the team talk that says 'Don't get complacent', in my own experience, this makes it so your team continues to try as hard as they can, and usually I score another goal or two

However, if this doesnt work, then Park the bus.

Ive gone into many a game where I have a 1-0 lead in the first leg, and I dont think I can hold out in the second leg, so I play a 4-4-2-0-0, with 4 defenders, 4 defensive midfielders, and 2 central midfielders. I find that this can also work during a game as well, sure, you wont create a chance, and there will be very tense moments where the other team goes to score, but in my experience, the other team wont score as long as your defenders are good ;)

Also, if your winning against a lesser team by only 1 or 2 goals, and you reach half time, say that your 'disappointed', and they will go on to score a few more :D

Haha i was just 1-0 up against Everton at half time, said "Don't get complacent" and i went on to lose 3-1 :(

I've not tried parking the bus mainly because when I lost it's not against top clubs, it's against teams like West Brom and lesser European teams, I'm definitely going to try both the "dissapointed" and parking the bus techniques,

Thanks a lot for that! I just went 2-0 up against Chelsea and at half time I did the bus parking method, went on to win 3-0!

And my defenders are world class! One of them cost £30 million, the other 3 are all worth over £15million, but they always play ****! I've spent over £50million on central defenders and none of them ever play well :(

pyewackett - i'm hoping it was just a blip, but it'd happened in so many competitions and for so long that i was starting to think the game just hated me.

This has happened for the last 6 or so games in a bloody row.

In every match I've been winning and in every match I've lost :mad:

I've tried going defensive/time wasting once I'm 1 or 2-0 up but still I f****** lose.

Is there anything I can do to make sure I hold onto my win? My whole team is playing awful lately for no apparent reason and I've been knocked out of the Leage Cup, FA Cup and Euro Cup because of my teams ability to lose after going a goal or two up and now I've gone from 2nd to 5th in the League. In every game the oposition score the winning goal in the 88th minute or later which really ****es me off.

Rant over :mad:

If you want to win, or even if you want to have fun without getting painfully anal about tweaked slider settings, you should play FIFA! (or better still CM0102, like I now do - praying FM10, or CM10 (I dont care which) is a less forgiving & more fun game to play!)

No-one has mentioned stamina. Have a look at that before the end of the game (after the game your players' fitness will go back up). Are you knackering your players out by closing down all the time? Are they making too many forward runs?

I would think this would be the answer if you are winning and then lose near the end of the game.

Also, if it is home games, what is your pitch like. Soggy pitches will sap stamina.

Are you playing South Americans in a UK winter? They don't like that. Get a Scandanavian CB in. The old Vikings like a good scrap in the rain!

if your good enough to get in front then somthing must be right up untill that point? are your players over achiving?

like other have said using the Ht team talk yo uneed to look at what you normally do and change thing's note them down and check after the game at there responce using the Assistant feedback. also in terms of keeping a lead if you are the better team dont go defensive but keep normal and try getting your midfeild to keep the ball by short passing and slow tempo, try having midfeilders and strikers hold up the ball. change throw in's to short to keep possesion.

Stamina wasn't a problem, I think holdping up the ball more might work, and also all my CB's are Brazilian, so I might have to search for some non-South American's!

Thanks for all the advice guys, really apreciate it!

There aren't that many quality Brazilian defenders, especially playing in UK football!

Haha i was just 1-0 up against Everton at half time, said "Don't get complacent" and i went on to lose 3-1

I've not tried parking the bus mainly because when I lost it's not against top clubs, it's against teams like West Brom and lesser European teams, I'm definitely going to try both the "dissapointed" and parking the bus techniques,

Thanks a lot for that! I just went 2-0 up against Chelsea and at half time I did the bus parking method, went on to win 3-0!

And my defenders are world class! One of them cost £30 million, the other 3 are all worth over £15million, but they always play ****! I've spent over £50million on central defenders and none of them ever play well

pyewackett - i'm hoping it was just a blip, but it'd happened in so many competitions and for so long that i was starting to think the game just hated me.

Oops sorry for the loss I gave you against Everton haha :/

Im glad I somewhat helped against Chelsea though :D

Im not too sure whats going on with your defenders though! Could you post screenies or more info on your formation and things like that? :)

- I find that having a good team morale helps loads in this game! When my team had a team morale of 'Would die for each other', I was basically unbeatable :D

- Getting a world class GK could help you, my defenders aren't the greatest ever, but they are solid, and I find that my GK helps them out loads during matches :)

Oops sorry for the loss I gave you against Everton haha :/

Im glad I somewhat helped against Chelsea though :D

Im not too sure whats going on with your defenders though! Could you post screenies or more info on your formation and things like that? :)

- I find that having a good team morale helps loads in this game! When my team had a team morale of 'Would die for each other', I was basically unbeatable :D

- Getting a world class GK could help you, my defenders aren't the greatest ever, but they are solid, and I find that my GK helps them out loads during matches :)

Haha i think the Everton loss was just a one-off, very unlucky i think!

The CB's, well who knows what happened to them, it looks like they were just having a bad season, because for the new season i decided to go all out and spend £65million on Chiellini and hes been playing superbly, along with my other CB Felipe.

I also invested in a GK, well invested implies i got a cheap guy for the future, when in reality i spent £32million on the Frenchman Hugo Lloris.

Even though the new players cost a lot, they were definitely worth it! When my team's playing well they can beat anyone,

My only problem now is the consistency, a number of times this season they've lost to teams they really should be beating which has resulted in me being 6th in the League haha.

Thanks again for all the help!

They just sacked me!!

I was 7th in the League, got to the final of the League Cup, was still in the Champions League, still in the FA Cup and had finished in the Top 3 Manager's for the last 2 months in a row and had come 2nd in Manager of the Year for the last 2 seasons running.

I didn't even get any sort of warning!

That's just the most ridiculous thing i've seen all week and has genuinly ruined my day :mad: :mad: :( :(

Well i was going to say that using "None" during team talks is a valid option so use it. I see it as a continuation of your pre match team talk, maybe add in a few individual team talks to players performing well/below par. In my experience, getting team team talks correct is so so important, get them right and your a long way to getting a decent result.

Ouch :O

That really sucks man :/ I do hope this doesn't put you off playing FM in the future!

I really don't see how that happens! And dont worry, its not your tactics or anything, my tactics are basically set to the default setttings bar two players haha :S And so far, Im unbeaten in over 25 games! My squad isn't even that great, so I really don't know what I have done right, not that Im complaining ;)

Hope you find greater success with your new club man :)

They just sacked me!!

I was 7th in the League, got to the final of the League Cup, was still in the Champions League, still in the FA Cup and had finished in the Top 3 Manager's for the last 2 months in a row and had come 2nd in Manager of the Year for the last 2 seasons running.

I didn't even get any sort of warning!

That's just the most ridiculous thing i've seen all week and has genuinly ruined my day :mad: :mad: :( :(

It is very frustrating when it happens, but when it has happened to me and this is a lot it has led me to help me to play the game in a different way, some times I made silly mistakes, which would justify the sacking to place. I do feel your pain.

BUT...... on the flipside it can be seriously brutal to you. The game that is. For no apparant good reason, the sadist in me does appreciate when this happens. The common sense in me just further grates me, as in come on I have acheived X, Y and Z it's frutration that is part and parcel of the game, at times it's one of those...

....'Is it a bug, ......am I not playing the game "Correctly" problem,......... can it be patched so on and so on forth......'

You never know it can turn into a long term game, into looking destroying your previous employers next time you meet

Thanks pain-giver and pyewackett for understanding my pain! :)

I think i'm going to just learn from my mistakes and start a new game, but this time buy all of the players who turn out good and ignore those who appear to be a waste of money :D

Thanks again guys! You've made me want to win even more now :cool: , someones not getting any sleep tonight!

Archived