Player Stats

Myself and my friend were having a discussion about players stats on FM and me came up with an idea about getting rid of the player stats completely. So with the stats gone, they would be replaced with player traits specifying their strengths and weaknesses like the same format of the scout report but with more detail. But you would only get to view these traits after scouting the targeted player and with more scouting, the more knowledge you gain about the player.

This would also bring the notepad feature into play. When you go to the match to watch the player you can make notes during the match and compare with the scouts assessment of the player then you can come to a true judgement how good or bad the player is.

This would in my opinion give the game more of a realistic feel and gives a bigger emphasis on scouting. As we all know Sir Alex doesn't go to matches and says " he would be a good signing as his crossing stat is 18 and so on " lol But if your just the casual gamer who doesn't worry about scouting, tactics etc then it could be a turn on/turn off feauture that could be used for your choice.

I welcome all opinions and criticisms so feel free to post them :-)

I like the idea of having to build the profile of my own player how else would i know what they're like? Alex Ferguson didn't have a page for valencia telling him he was driven or ambitious having never met him. Managers watch players before making offers to see if they will fit in there team not just look to see if he has a 20 in passing ect. :D

I like the idea of having to build the profile of my own player how else would i know what they're like? Alex Ferguson didn't have a page for valencia telling him he was driven or ambitious having never met him. Managers watch players before making offers to see if they will fit in there team not just look to see if he has a 20 in passing ect. :D

Totally agree hibees_fan, managers and their scouting team ACTUALLY go to matches and makes notes on specific targets and dont have stats to judge players. This would, in my opinion make the game more competitive and more realistic but hey not everyone shares the same views.

Totally agree hibees_fan, managers and their scouting team ACTUALLY go to matches and makes notes on specific targets and dont have stats to judge players. This would, in my opinion make the game more competitive and more realistic but hey not everyone shares the same views.

To add to your current idea i feel that player interaction is also flawed as contract negotiations are more of a ransom than negotiation you pay the wage they want or a little bit less(if your lucky) or lose the player why can't i interact and spk to the player to discuss his place in the squad ect. As real players make demands on amount of starts they will make ect.

Going back to stats discussion, traits is a big part of football as every players different it needs to be expanded past telling a player to hit a freekick with power and rounding a keeper ect.

To add to your current idea i feel that player interaction is also flawed as contract negotiations are more of a ransom than negotiation you pay the wage they want or a little bit less(if your lucky) or lose the player why can't i interact and spk to the player to discuss his place in the squad ect. As real players make demands on amount of starts they will make ect.

Going back to stats discussion, traits is a big part of football as every players different it needs to be expanded past telling a player to hit a freekick with power and rounding a keeper ect.

Yeah negotiations need to be revamped so its actually a negotiation rather than you having to offer clubs double the players value and sometimes alot more to get them. I also agree about being able to talk to the players, you should be able to discuss with player how your going to use him this coming season, being able to discuss your targets for the season and what you expect the player to achieve also the players personal ambitions and his thoughts on what the club can achieve.

Yeah negotiations need to be revamped so its actually a negotiation rather than you having to offer clubs double the players value and sometimes alot more to get them. I also agree about being able to talk to the players, you should be able to discuss with player how your going to use him this coming season, being able to discuss your targets for the season and what you expect the player to achieve also the players personal ambitions and his thoughts on what the club can achieve.

I will agree that the transfer system in the game is majorly flawed it is true that you have to pay alot more for players than the computer for example:- If i was wanting to buy say Stewart Downing and he is valued at 7m i would need to pay maybe 15-20m. Now if i was selling him i would struggle to get 10m off the computer very unrealistic that we need to pay more.

Training i also feel is flawed as we have no real involvement you get reports every month saying whos done well and who hasn't. In reality its important how a player performs on a day to day basis in training seeing as that is how u decidewho is in your squad come game day.

I understand that in an ideal world this would probably be a good idea, but lets face it... the match engine isn't advanced enough for this to be effective. Yes, you may deduce that a player is good because he made a few good crosses or an assist/goal or whatever, but its the match ratings/stats during a game that make you form an opinion of him. As a national team manager, I scouted matches for potential picks and after a few games just ended up looking at the final match ratings scores as I found it too dull to watch the specific players in the match. For you to get a 'feel' for a player you would have to watch a lot of his games to form an opinion (like your own players over a season or more) and I think that would be too boring with the current match engine.

I will agree that the transfer system in the game is majorly flawed it is true that you have to pay alot more for players than the computer for example:- If i was wanting to buy say Stewart Downing and he is valued at 7m i would need to pay maybe 15-20m. Now if i was selling him i would struggle to get 10m off the computer very unrealistic that we need to pay more.

You don't get it. A player is worth however much teams are willing to pay for him. His team doesn't want to sell him so they set his price high (not even that high tbf). AI teams recognize that he isn't worth that much and stay away. You on the other hand are willing to pay 20 M for him. Moral of the story: The AI is better at transfers than you :eek:

I have a similar idea on this...

My idea is to have star ratings out of five for each attribute, for example...

* = 1-4

** = 5-8

*** = 9-12

**** = 13-16

***** = 17-20

This way you get a rough idea how good players are at each ability and you will also need to use your judgment a little more. It could be a turn off/on feature so the old school peeps who like 1-20 can still have that.

with your idea you would be able to find out what a player's strengths and weaknesses are and what type of player they are, but you wouldn't be able to know how good at these things they are. so you wouldn't know whether to sign them for man united or burton albion.

Archived