Neil suggested we should suggest some improvements ;) Here they are!

After reading one of the threads of criticism and reading Neil’s reply about suggesting ways the game could be improved, I thought I’d have a go at suggesting a number of changes that could be brought in, to make the game more fun in future releases. Obviously you can’t put the PC version on the PSP, but I think a few cosmetic changes could go a long way.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

1. Squad Status - When a player is injured, he gets a red INJ. When he’s returning to training from injury an Orange INJ, when he’s uninjured but low on fitness an orange UNF. This is to bring it in line to the PC FM.

2. Transfer Listing - When placing a player on the transfer list, you can set the price you ask for him. This way, some players could be offered for a cheap price to clear out your squad quicker. Others could be inflated for a large price in order to generate funds.

3. Loans - Allow the option for loan players to be recalled, so when a large glut of injuries happens you can recall a player back if needed.

4. Scouting – Make the scout options more like the search options. So that we can filter by age or position. Also it would be nice if we could scout individuals OR if the scout would automatically look at players on your shortlist if he’s scouting that area already.

5. Finance screen – possibly add a mini one, or at least give a forecast for next season. If I’m winning the CL and top 5 in the league – what’s my potential budget next season? Should I be saving my pennies and offering 1 year deals or should I be giving massive long term fat contracts?

6. Player of the month awards - For the division I’m in, not just at the end of the season. You can take out the other divisions managers of the month awards if it helps icon_wink.gif

7. Fining Players – I’ve had a player sent off 4 times in 1 season. Can I do anything to stop this? No. If I could fine a player (even a simple 1 or 2 week no reason) and it cut down his red card count, it’d be good.

8. More reaction – First season for Everton, I win the League Cup (no media, board or supporter message), I then win the CL (no media, board or supporter message). It takes the shine off the game as you don’t feel involved.

9. Difficulty – Maybe make it a bit harder. With Everton as above, I won both the LC and the CL and finished 5th, with only 3 signings with little changes to the tactics. I certainly shouldn’t be beating Barca 4-1 on aggregate!

10. Stuff to do! – After the transfer window shuts, there’s very little to do apart from pick players and advance to match. Maybe you could throw in some questions (like SuperCars 2 used to do!) in between games that affect maybe, team morale, player form, board confidence, supporter confidence or referee opinion? With each button having a different option. This would break up the game a bit an make it more interesting.

E.G. – A reporter asks if you’re happy with the current transfer budget you’ve been given? Button A: Yes – I’m delighted with the boards backing, Button B: It’s adequate for our needs, Button C: I’d like more money to improve the playing team. Button D: It’s terrible, we’re shopping in Lidle now! With each option having a possible outcome, Button D might cause a nice chairman to give you a cash injection, or a nasty chairman to tout out new managers.

11. Internationals – Maybe it’d be hard to include international football in the game, but would it be possible to have an international round up of your players every month or two – like at the end of a World Cup? Just so you could see which players were potential international stars!

12. Transfers – Ok, this is a bit of a moan rather than a suggestion. It really REALLY annoys me when you bid 7m for a player Govou in this case and you get turned down as he’s a vital player. Only for Liverpool to swan up with a 4.5m bid which is accepted! Can the clubs at least be consistant? This also applies to “I don’t want to sell to a rival club†ala Chelsea flogging J Cole only for him to go off to Man U. Ta icon_smile.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Phew! There’s a few suggestions to be going on with, feel free to tell me that they’re rubbish, they can’t be done or even that you like them icon_wink.gif

Feel free to add anymore ideas that are feasible on the little beast icon_smile.gif

After reading one of the threads of criticism and reading Neil’s reply about suggesting ways the game could be improved, I thought I’d have a go at suggesting a number of changes that could be brought in, to make the game more fun in future releases. Obviously you can’t put the PC version on the PSP, but I think a few cosmetic changes could go a long way.

1. Squad Status - When a player is injured, he gets a red INJ. When he’s returning to training from injury an Orange INJ, when he’s uninjured but low on fitness an orange UNF. This is to bring it in line to the PC FM.

2. Transfer Listing - When placing a player on the transfer list, you can set the price you ask for him. This way, some players could be offered for a cheap price to clear out your squad quicker. Others could be inflated for a large price in order to generate funds.

3. Loans - Allow the option for loan players to be recalled, so when a large glut of injuries happens you can recall a player back if needed.

4. Scouting – Make the scout options more like the search options. So that we can filter by age or position. Also it would be nice if we could scout individuals OR if the scout would automatically look at players on your shortlist if he’s scouting that area already.

5. Finance screen – possibly add a mini one, or at least give a forecast for next season. If I’m winning the CL and top 5 in the league – what’s my potential budget next season? Should I be saving my pennies and offering 1 year deals or should I be giving massive long term fat contracts?

6. Player of the month awards - For the division I’m in, not just at the end of the season. You can take out the other divisions managers of the month awards if it helps icon_wink.gif

7. Fining Players – I’ve had a player sent off 4 times in 1 season. Can I do anything to stop this? No. If I could fine a player (even a simple 1 or 2 week no reason) and it cut down his red card count, it’d be good.

8. More reaction – First season for Everton, I win the League Cup (no media, board or supporter message), I then win the CL (no media, board or supporter message). It takes the shine off the game as you don’t feel involved.

9. Difficulty – Maybe make it a bit harder. With Everton as above, I won both the LC and the CL and finished 5th, with only 3 signings with little changes to the tactics. I certainly shouldn’t be beating Barca 4-1 on aggregate!

10. Stuff to do! – After the transfer window shuts, there’s very little to do apart from pick players and advance to match. Maybe you could throw in some questions (like SuperCars 2 used to do!) in between games that affect maybe, team morale, player form, board confidence, supporter confidence or referee opinion? With each button having a different option. This would break up the game a bit an make it more interesting.

E.G. – A reporter asks if you’re happy with the current transfer budget you’ve been given? Button A: Yes – I’m delighted with the boards backing, Button B: It’s adequate for our needs, Button C: I’d like more money to improve the playing team. Button D: It’s terrible, we’re shopping in Lidle now! With each option having a possible outcome, Button D might cause a nice chairman to give you a cash injection, or a nasty chairman to tout out new managers.

11. Internationals – Maybe it’d be hard to include international football in the game, but would it be possible to have an international round up of your players every month or two – like at the end of a World Cup? Just so you could see which players were potential international stars!

12. Transfers – Ok, this is a bit of a moan rather than a suggestion. It really REALLY annoys me when you bid 7m for a player Govou in this case and you get turned down as he’s a vital player. Only for Liverpool to swan up with a 4.5m bid which is accepted! Can the clubs at least be consistant? This also applies to “I don’t want to sell to a rival club†ala Chelsea flogging J Cole only for him to go off to Man U. Ta icon_smile.gif

Phew! There’s a few suggestions to be going on with, feel free to tell me that they’re rubbish, they can’t be done or even that you like them icon_wink.gif

Feel free to add anymore ideas that are feasible on the little beast icon_smile.gif

i still fid it hard to improve a player through training. I think a coach should assist u and, maybe give advice on what ways a certain player would improve with different training.

I dont know if this is just my game, but the stats of my players dont seem to improve to much during the season (the young players are the exception, tales, lula, cleberson, ore etc)

However between seasons stats seem to shoot up?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Cheers Neil icon14.gif Any thoughts about if any of them are possible?

Thought of a couple more icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

13. Interface - At the moment the analogue stick acts as a jump to the top and bottom using up and down. Could it be used left and right too? So on the player search screen Left and Right would be previous and next page, and on a player screen it would cycle through Personal, contract, history etc forwards and backwards.

14. Player Compaire - Stolen from another post, the ability to compaire to players side by side would be nice (or above/below) would be nice so you can see the difference between 2 players.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guest welshscouser

I think what has been done for the PSP version is fantastic. I understand it had to be cut down, but 99% of everything that i love about FM is there. Totally agree with every idea so far, really like the one about the media questions icon_smile.gif

One suggestion though, i doubt this is posisble or plauasable to run at the same time (because FM must run the PSP to the max) but it would be nice to have a Radio, or ability to play mp3s. Its a long shot, but hey worth an ask icon_wink.gif

The ability to filter out players from the main squad screen would be good. For example, during the first season at Liverpool there are about a dozen players loaned out for the rest of the season and can't be recalled. Rather than spending the entire season having to scroll through all these unavailable players every match day (which I had to do) it'd be good to have some filter options to not display any squad players who're loaned out, banned, injured, etc. Just a couple of check boxes - put a check in the "loaned out" box and it filters out all players currently on loan, not displaying them.

I second all of Craig's views, excellent post and he's hit all of the little annoyances bang on.

Personally, I'd have loved to see the Conf North/South being a non-league fan. I understand the database size has had to be cut down, but surely not many people play in the Dutch league? Maybe this can be dropped for the expansion of the English leagues.

great thread

i think this game is amazing!

if i could had something it would be the formation ad tactics,making it more useable, if that makes sense ie be able to manually move the players to position your self

thanks

Here goes...

1. It'd be good if it was easier to remove a player from the transfer list when you, ahem, change your mind. I might be being stoopid here, but as far as I can make out, you have to offer them a new contract to de-list them?

2. I'd like to be able to set up two tactics - Home and Away - rather than just the one master tactic. I want to have different runs, settings etc, but can't be arsed to go through changing them all each time.

3. On a similar note, it'd be good to have the corner / free kick / playmakers set using a list (i.e. first player takes corners, if he's not playing, the second does, and so on). So that I don't have to set these up again every time I drop and pick players.

4. Internationals - like above, would be nice to have a message once a month saying 'x players played for England, they played well/badly'.

5. Transfer budget. Might be nice to have a single figure for your whole squad, that you can balance between expensive and cheap players. At the mo, it's a bit unclear - if my limit is £2.3k, can I have 36 players all at that wage level?

But otherwise, it's spot on - I've roared through five seasons so far, and taken Grays from the Conf to the Championship with my 4-1-3-2 pressing tactic. All good.

Creatif:

1. You can remove a player from the transfer list without having to offer them a new contract, go to their contract page, prss right on the d pad (the and then you can change their tranfer/loan status)

2. I have two tactics, one home and one away, and i have altered all the options (tweaked each one). When i change to either from the list of formations my settings (passing/tackling/etc etc) appear to have been saved so do not have to tweak once i am happy with them

You other points are valid though and i agree with

Great post Craig icon14.gif Main thing I would like to see in the next game is the ability to move to clubs in different countries. Not sure if this is possible on PSP due to it's limitations and loading times may be a problem?

Absolutely love the game, I've been waiting to play FM on the move for literally years. However, as great as the game is, I find it hard to get into as it seems to me to be treated as a "lesser game" than the PC version, and so missing an awful lot of features (and while I'm sure this is due to the PSP being a lot less powerful, I'm sure some features could have been squeezed in).

I miss too much of the PC version to get into the game fully - the 2D match engine being missed the most sorely. I'd completely forgotten how difficult it is to see exactly what's going wrong with just a text box, and I really don't want to go back to that - so much so that I find myself playing *cough hack* Champ Man *hackkk* more than anything. Even though the match engine pales in significance, even though the core of the game is worse - at least you've got a chance of figuring out what is wrong (without resorting to buying a few million quid's worth of players).

If I was going to buy the next version of the game, it would HAVE to have some kind of 2D match engine, detailed or not so detailed.

Apart from that, I cannot fault anything, as with the PC version, which I play at least once a day (is that saying more about SI or me?).

Ah, apart from... (sorry, should have thought of this earlier)

If there could be interaction between PC and PSP (even if that meant starting a game on the PC with a "PSP" option ticked, meaning far less detail, which you could transfer to the PSP and play outside your house), then that would be fantastic too. It gets confusing, having a game on the PC and a game on the PSP, I find myself considering putting players in my starting eleven who are in a different save completely...!

(Or does that just mean I'm getting too old for this game?!)

daviddias123, cheers, that's much appreciated on both counts! I have now managed to take Grays into the premiership, where I'm struggling in mid-table. Currently testing the 'does bringing in seven random South Americans destroy your carefully-honed team spirit?' theory.. icon_mad.gif

No problem creatif.

Nicely done with Grays, very impressive. I tried out the "huge influx of south americans" strategy with leicester, it did not start too well, but results did improve in the end, i think they need a little bit of time to get used to the english game, and tactis etc you use.

Another suggested improvement:

Set the conditions of a loan deal so the player in question cannot play against you.

I bought the 16 year old Brazilian Cleberson for peanuts and loaned him out to French teams for 2 seasons. Third season I loaned him out to Newcastle. By the middle of that season he was worth £34 mil and played against me, scoring three! icon_frown.gif

I'm happy with the general feature set, personally. Unless it could be done to the same standard as the PC/360 versions I'd rather not see a 2D engine, for example. I'm absolutely loving the game - more so than the last PC version I tried, even. (2005, I think it was.) Probably because FMH is streamlined and portable.

Anyway, off the top of my head, I have a few minor things I'd change/add.

1) Player compare feature. Not sure how it would be best laid out on the PSP screen, but it would be really, really helpful if it were there. Definitely top of the list for me.

2) A few more news stories about my club. I got a lovely news story this morning saying one of my players had told the press that I was the reason for his recent good form, which was great. (Incidentally minor bug there - that news story appeared in my Inbox twice. Same story, same day, just two copies.) Maybe there are a lot like that and I've not done anything especially interesting, but it's the first thing like that I've seen and I'm two-thirds of the way through my first season.

3) More leagues. Go a little further down in England and add some odd minor foreign ones. And, if possible, allow us to move between them.

4) Fan happiness. It's a tiny thing, but I like knowing what the fans think of the job I'm doing.

5) Being able to release a news story now and again. Praising a player, maybe, or thanking the board/fans for support. Or something. Just anything to add slightly to feeling of an outside world. It wouldn't even necessarily need to have any effect on the team. I'd just like to do it and maybe get a news story in return. I say the board are great, they say I'm great in return. That sort of thing.

6) Withheld/withstood confusion to be cleared up. And more text generally.

7) Ability to go back through the match commentary after the game. I had a phantom goal a while back that I missed and I'd have loved to go back and see what happened.

8) Bit more financial information, see how much cash cup runs generate, wage bills, stuff like that.

And if any of those are in the game already and I'm just blind, do let me know.

One small thing that I think should be added is this:

When you select save game it should automatically select your last save game rather than starting at the top of the list. I recently saved over my amazing leeds save with a new York save just out of the saving habbit I had got into.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TRFC:

Absolutely love the game, I've been waiting to play FM on the move for literally years. However, as great as the game is, I find it hard to get into as it seems to me to be treated as a "lesser game" than the PC version, and so missing an awful lot of features (and while I'm sure this is due to the PSP being a lot less powerful, I'm sure some features could have been squeezed in).

I miss too much of the PC version to get into the game fully - the 2D match engine being missed the most sorely. I'd completely forgotten how difficult it is to see exactly what's going wrong with just a text box, and I really don't want to go back to that - so much so that I find myself playing *cough hack* Champ Man *hackkk* more than anything. Even though the match engine pales in significance, even though the core of the game is worse - at least you've got a chance of figuring out what is wrong (without resorting to buying a few million quid's worth of players).

If I was going to buy the next version of the game, it would HAVE to have some kind of 2D match engine, detailed or not so detailed.

Apart from that, I cannot fault anything, as with the PC version, which I play at least once a day (is that saying more about SI or me?). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really agree with this, its a great game, but to be honest, it would be great if the 2d pitch was standard on all games since its so important in the games now, yes the text is fine, but you stuggle to play FMH if youve played all the other fm's which the majority of people will of done

Also the multiplayer would be great,ive got many freinds with it,and it would be good for a quick match via wifi, where you can export your team like in 360 and play a text match which would be very cool

General tweaks as suggested above

For PC -> PSP intereaction, you could start a PC game in PSP mode, i.e low detail,only text commentary etc this would be hard to implement but would be good, since all fms use the famous database you would be able to update your game via the editor with the PC version, and then when you start a special PSP mode game,it would be updated with the relevant data when converted to psp format

Its a vaige idea but hey its what this thread is for

furney89

This is my first post on the forum. I've been reading through numerous threads and wanting to add my thoughts on how to improve the game. First off though, it's a top quality game, thanks for bringing it to the PSP.

To start with, I'd like to add support to all that Craig has stated in his post, couldn't agree with more about making the game a little harder and being able to fine players as well as setting prices for players when transfer listing them. Also, I'd love to see more media reaction, and a little less information about South American players always unhappy at their team and wanting to move, my inbox is always full of players from that region expressing their feelings, I'm playing in the English league and would actually like more media information from there.

Furthermore, Player of the month awards would go nicely with the manager of the month awards too.

Financial information would be a nice touch too, especially the attendance figure for the game, I like to know how many are turning up each game.

Custom formations is something many have commented on and I'd throw my weight behind the argument on their behalf.

The interface is superb, really couldn't have done it any better, except maybe for what Craig mentioned about using the analog stick to move left and right during the player screen to see the different stats for the player.

One final point, I was a bit surpirsed to see no international teams and squads viewable, no call ups for players, just a message that so and so had won that tournament. Please if possible could international competitions make their way into the next version. It would put the cherry on top of what it already a pretty nice cake.

i would like t see an average rating for the past 5 games as well as an average rating for every game, this way youll be able to see which players have been on for of late.

i am aware that screenspace is a precious thing though.

can something be done about crystal palace, when in a match i find it difficult to read whats happening mainly because the colours dont seem to show up, i known you do it for the clubs colours but maybe if you had a contrasting colour it maybe easier, i have tried it on all brighness settings but it doesnt make much difference, and i know its not my eyes cos ive been told they're great icon_razz.gif

My two cents ....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wycombe-4-europe:

i agree with the pc - psp link. i own both versions, and i would love to be able to play it on pc at home, then transfer to my psp for on the move (i travel alot) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Barring a direct way of playing PSP FM on the PC may I suggest the follwing stop gaps that may be helpful.

With FM running connect PSP to PC USB:

1. Export Entire DB to Excel

2. Export Team to Excel

It would be nice to do the player searches, analyze ones team etc, without having to deal with the small PSP screen. I dig the little mini keyboard, but it gets old quick. Alot of the player searches could best be handled offline so to speak.

3. Programmable Scout. Program the scout to look for players with certain criteria and have a report appear listing the players it found. Essentially a saved search that pops up in your inbox.

• 2 weeks later...

the ability to switch between countries i.e if u were managing a team in england such as liverpool and you sacked or whatever, you could then apply for a job in spain or italy for example instead of being stuck in the same country the whole game

i agree with being able to view the league whilst playin a match to see how results would affect you, also being able to see other results within your league to see how other teams are getting on

I just got the game and have been playing all weekend. I think it's great and is extremely playable. I love the text in games rather than the 2D match engine. Anyway, a couple of things I think need to be added are:

Be able to save shortlists. If you can, I havent worked it out yet.

Remembering set-piece takers and tactics.

Being able to set the price for players you put on transfer list or be able to offer them to clubs. I'm stuck with a lot of garbage in my team I wouldn't mind discarding on the cheap.

I'm sure to have more once I've played it a little more, but there 3 important points I noticed straight away.

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I'd add to this:

The one big simple improvement for me would be the ability to read a match report for the game i am playing at the time (I don't need to keep it for the season).

For example, if i get up to do something/ have a chat with someone i'll leave the match running,say, till half time when i'll make some adjustments.

However, when i look again to find a penalty missed or a player sent off, i've no idea what caused it, was it violent conduct? a rash challenge? was the penatly missed or saved? if there was a list of the commentry i could check to see what had happened.

I think my other big request would be simply to keep the pace of the game as it is, i have the PC for big detailed games, the directness of powering on into the game and getting to a match without any hassle is perfect for the PSP, i've managed to get chesterfield up to the prem through the play-offs in my lunchbreak, that sort of pace is what makes the game for me.

(And I've no massive interest in 2d match screens, the text commentry perfect)

Absolutely hooked on FMH - the game that saved my PSP!

Denny

ps, the play your mp3s in the background is a damn fine idea too!

In answer to DAzzle, yes I frequently see somebody taking lots of my freekicks who is not one of my assigned set-piece takers.

It's not ideal, but I did discover a good free-kick taker out of it! And I suppose I quite like to see my players doing things that are not absolutely within the instructions, freelancing on the pitch a little bit.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">In answer to DAzzle, yes I frequently see somebody taking lots of my freekicks who is not one of my assigned set-piece takers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This happens normally if they're much closer to the ball than your assigned taker and they decide to take a 'quick free kick' (normally if the opposition aren't fully organised - I'll try and remember to put some commentary in to clarify why this occurs for people).

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DAzzle009:

Marc, I understand what you're saying but I don't think that my right back is going to be closer than my attacking midfielder for the majority of free kicks within shooting range. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd be surprised if he is depending on the role he's been given and the circumstances (for instance if you'd had a corner before the freekick then he might have gone up for that?).

I'll double check things and as I've indicated look into improving the commentary - that way if it is a problem I'll be able to spot it ..

• 1 month later...

Lots of the improvements suggested here would be great, but please don't put in a visual match engine. The commentary is perfect and I don't feel the need to see dots representing my players run round the screen. It put me off the later versions on PC, and I've never gone back to them.

For me, the beauty of the PSP version of the game is its scaled down simplicity. Thought you can get very much into it, it still feels like a fun game, rather than a job. The game should have the already excellent fundamentals perfected, rather than going OTT on tarting the game up visually.

Otherwise I'll just have to go back to CM 01/02...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">6) Withheld/withstood confusion to be cleared up. And more text generally. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah. It off topic and it may sound like a very stupid question, but can anyone explain to me what "... withheld the pressure" means?

I speak Dutch, I searched withheld in a translation dictionary but it gives me some verbs that don't make a clear sentence out of that. So can anyone explain to me what it means?

And about improvements: I want to play the Belgian competition icon_razz.gif

But more data probably isn't an option, since the limited capacity of an UMD.

I don't know if it's realistic, but importing leagues from the memory stick would be nice. That way, people would be able to download leagues that aren't on the umd, put them on their psp memory stick, and play them that way. And that would also create the possibility for editors.

Gameplay improvements (listed in order of importance to me):

Player interactions would be very usefull. When a lazy star plays a few bad games, all you can do now is keep him on the sideline for a week. The possibility to openly question his qualities, of give him warnings would realy come in handy.

Also something like picking a targetman, or an option "cross to" would come in handy, since my crosses mostly don't end up at the wrong, bad heading players.

The ability to offer players for a loan to another club would be usefull. I have some young talents in my team, who aren't good enough to play in my team, but who I certainly want to keep, and I want to give them the possibility to play at a lower league team. All I can do now is loan list them, and sit around and wait, hoping for a team to notice them before the transfer period is over.

As far as I know, in FMH there isn't a stat that indicates the number of times a player has dribbled past an opponent (I think in this stat is "Rn" in FM2006). It would be useful to see how many times my dribble wonders on the flank did their job. And maybe 2 of those stats would be useful: the number of tried dribbles, and the number of succeded dribbles.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Percinho:

Lots of the improvements suggested here would be great, but please don't put in a visual match engine. The commentary is perfect and I don't feel the need to see dots representing my players run round the screen. It put me off the later versions on PC, and I've never gone back to them.

For me, the beauty of the PSP version of the game is its scaled down simplicity. Thought you can get very much into it, it still feels like a fun game, rather than a job. The game should have the already excellent fundamentals perfected, rather than going OTT on tarting the game up visually.

Otherwise I'll just have to go back to CM 01/02... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I must say, that i disagree with not have a 2D engine. Having the ability to see how other places are positioning themselves during the game must be an advantage.

Having played, dare i say it, CM on PSP. The option of have a 2D engine was a great bonus and you do get used to seeing those tiny dots. One minus side the gameplay on FM is far better then CM.

How about some sort of cowrd noise if 2D is not possible?

I found a news bug: I keep getting the message that Luton Town put Hasan Bülent on the transfer list at his own request. But Hasan Bülent plays at Fenerbahçe, isn't transfer listed, and is even "happy to stay at the club".

The message says: "Büllent will not be allowed to leave for less than €12,000,000".

The Luton Town player who's closest to this value is Keith Keane, and he is indeed unhappy and wants to move to a bigger club. But he isn't transfer listed.

I get this message about Bülent almost every week. I think the problem is that Keane keeps asking to be transfer listed, and the bord agrees, but a bug each time leads them to the wrong player, so he will never be transfer listed. Keane's contract expires in 3 years, so I'll probably have to deal with the news messages for another three seasons...

Archived