How do I....

You don't need to do it yourself if you download a transfer update such as this one.

And here's how you get it to work:

Ive downloaded an unofficial data update to my computer, how do I apply it?

1.First of all you will need to download winrar, you can download that by clicking this.

2.Install winrar onto your computer, this is free of charge.

3.Right click on the data update folder (this should be a blue, green & purple book icon once winrar is installed) and select extract to [update name], this will create a yellow folder with the name of the update.

4.Place the yellow folder in My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2008/db

5.Load Football Manager 2008 and when asked select the update from the drop down list.

But if you want to do it yourself use the database editor that comes with the game.

Where is the database editor?

If you installed or authenticated your game through Steam, you will find the editor at:

C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Football Manager 2009\Tools\

if you didn't use Steam at all it will be at:

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\Tools\

It's miles easier with the database update imo because it saves you loads of time in that you have no players to swap over yourself. Each to their own though :)

It's not in My Documents. My Computer > Local Disk (C: ) > Program Files and so on.

Its up to you but I think its much easier to download an update rather that doing it yourself. If you download an update then you pretty much eliminate the chances of mistakes or the update not working.

Archived