Help me liven the game up!

Maybe a strange idea, but change your skin. It helped me get back into FM09 when I stopped playing it for a while.

I've noticed this too. If I find a new skin I like the look of, I end up getting sucked into the game more. Oddness.

I set myself up as a new manager with international experience and applied for all the jobs that came up. Just worked my way up from their

Roda - Newcastle - Denmark & Hertha Berlin - Villa - Spurs - Man Utd. Next stop can only be international or Real Madrid!

For me, using the editor to give yourself lots of money or putting Arsenal in the BSS for instance, would be counterproductive to having an authentic game!

Your team can only be comprised of players with the same name. For instance, everyone on your team needs "Diego" somewhere in their name. This can be as easy or as hard as you like. "John" wouldn't be too hard but you could do something like "Orlando" and make it pretty hard.

Your team can only be comprised of players with the same name. For instance, everyone on your team needs "Diego" somewhere in their name. This can be as easy or as hard as you like. "John" wouldn't be too hard but you could do something like "Orlando" and make it pretty hard.

Alas, Smith & Jones...that would be fun!

I posted this in challenges ideas thread.

How about an "vs the AI, career challenge" ?

Will require using the official DB editor (so LLM regulars may not like the concept)

Create 3-5 new AI managers with CA 100, PA 200

Contract Field to be left blank (unemployed at start of game)

Set Ambition & Determination to 15

All other attributes to be set @ 0 (Optional extra difficulty level: Physio/Chairman ratings set to 1 (this gives more weighting to the scouting/coaching & managing skills they have))

None of the added AI managers can be given a starting Reputation level that will be LOWER than you choose for your own

There should be a minimum of 2 added managers that have a starting Reputation level that will be HIGHER than you choose for your own

There should be a minimum of 1 added manager that has a starting Reputation Level EQUAL to the level you choose for yourself

Set Reputations as follows

Automatic Rep: Home 20; Current 20; World 10

Sunday league Rep: Home 30; Current 30; World 15

Semi-Pro Rep: Home 65; Current 65; World 32/33

Pro Rep: Home 120; Current 120; World 60

International Rep: Home 160; Current 160; World 80

Age 29-31 on game start (eg Dob xx/xx/1978 for FM09 users)

Staff Role : Manager 20

Prefered Formation : Any (except 424)

No preset Club or Player Likes/Dislikes

Allowable Nationalities - Only those you will be loading to create the save, so Dual Nationalities must be have both nations loaded.

Nations and League depth are optional, but i feel a minimum of 5 nations with all playable leagues enabled especially for the first few

seasons.

Create your Manager choosing from Automatic, Sunday League or Semi-Pro experience ONLY, and give a dob in the xx/xx/1978 (for FM09) range, Nationality as above, finally check the Unemployed box.

From here the save runs much the same as any other Career Save challenge, how high can you climb up the footballing worlds ladder, but you need to compare how well you are performing compared to your AI Rivals

Can you earn more over your career than they do ?

Can you win more Awards, Cups and Titles than they do ?

Can you win more games, or draw and lose fewer games than they do ?

Can you last longer at 1 club (shortest AND longest time at club) than any of them do ?

Can you do it spending less, and receiving more on transfers than they do ?

If you decide to accept an offer to manage an International Team, you MUST resign from your club role (just as the AI managers do)

I would also recommend making use of the Weekly 3 file rolling Autosave feature as occasionally your AI managers will "retire" suddenly without warning or news items.

The challenge will be over when ALL your added AI managers have retired.

FYI I usually play the game like this, I can normally manage to outperform an equal AI manager who starts 1 rep level ahead, but im constantly outdone by higher than that.

I have a db with a created team in the BSS. They have no players, but they have world class youth and training facilities and more fans than any other team in the league. You must get them into the Premier League using only players that came through the club's youth academy.

Fancy that?

Good ideas, but I was thinking of stuff like putting Arsenal in the BSS.

I am just about to try something similar. I have just created an edt file and it will put all the current premiership teams (based on last seasons promotion\relegation) in the BSS and all BSS teams in the Premiership. To add a bit extra I think I'll make it so that no teams in the game have any players. Then I plan to go on holiday for about 5 years to see how things turned out. Should be a laugh I think.

The save I have going atm has all leagues from England(edited with the Old Firm in the Premiership), Italy and Spain. I added three managers all controlled by me, with Celtic, AC Milan and Real Madrid and am using three distinctly different transfer policies. for AC Milan I only sign experienced players 25 yrs old+ at Madrid I'm only going to sign players that are considered the best in their position and at Celtic I am only going to sign players to replace first team players that have retired and only then if I have no-one as an adequate replacement in my reserve or youth set-ups. Finding it quite a challenge and a good way of doing something a bit different without having to do any long editing sessions to set things up.

All this editing leagues and controlling multiple teams just doesnt float the biscuit with me. If you want a real authentic challenge then manage a team with a media prediction of last in the Icelandic or Singapore leagues.

If you're looking for thrills then maybe it's time to start cliff diving.

I am just about to try something similar. I have just created an edt file and it will put all the current premiership teams (based on last seasons promotion\relegation) in the BSS and all BSS teams in the Premiership. To add a bit extra I think I'll make it so that no teams in the game have any players. Then I plan to go on holiday for about 5 years to see how things turned out. Should be a laugh I think.

Just came back from a 5 year holiday to see how things are going. Both Man U and Liverpool cant get out of the BSS which I think is quite funny. They both have most of their star players i.e Torres(Liverpool), Rooney,Ferdinand,Van der sar(Man U) which I found rather odd. I thought they would have abandoned ship a long time ago.

Archived