I cant stick to a club

Recently i havent been able to start a new game and stick at it for a while. I see people in 2018 etc and i would love to be able to manage for that long but i always get bored of my game. I support Celtic and have made various Celtic games - the most going on for 4 seasons before i gave up because i found Europe impossible. My current game is Man City and im only in February my first season and im getting bored and im thinking of making a new save as Celtic. Any tips on how to get into a game and not get bored?

Set goals which won't frustrate you or be too easy, but which require time.

Celtic, I'm sure you'll be finding the SPL to be "too easy" while the C.L. is "too hard"; that's just the Celtic curse, I suspect.

I've found my best long-term saves come when I pick a lower-league club and try to take it to the top - or to job-hop my way to the top, either or. So, Scottish Division 3, English BSP or BSN/BSS, that sort of thing.

Alternately, I need to become emotionally involved in specific players: how do I get the most out of that brilliant potential 17-year-old, making sure to get myself as "favoured personnel" and the club as "favoured club" to ensure that he doesn't want to leave ... or how long can I keep that beloved aging captain at the club before his aging legs become a detriment that outweighs his influence, determination, etc?

Ideally, you want to have goals in three categories:

Short-term: this half-season or this season.

Medium-term: two to three years.

Long-term: five years plus.

Keep setting new goals as you achieve the old ones; keep getting attached to new players as the old ones retire .. and you'll find that you always have something you want to play for.

Basically, that's how an infinite game works: sucked this season? How can you overcome that and make it better for next season? ... won it all this season? How are you going to defend your title with all of your players aging and demanding higher salaries or moves to more famous clubs?

Set goals which won't frustrate you or be too easy, but which require time.

Celtic, I'm sure you'll be finding the SPL to be "too easy" while the C.L. is "too hard"; that's just the Celtic curse, I suspect.

I've found my best long-term saves come when I pick a lower-league club and try to take it to the top - or to job-hop my way to the top, either or. So, Scottish Division 3, English BSP or BSN/BSS, that sort of thing.

Alternately, I need to become emotionally involved in specific players: how do I get the most out of that brilliant potential 17-year-old, making sure to get myself as "favoured personnel" and the club as "favoured club" to ensure that he doesn't want to leave ... or how long can I keep that beloved aging captain at the club before his aging legs become a detriment that outweighs his influence, determination, etc?

Ideally, you want to have goals in three categories:

Short-term: this half-season or this season.

Medium-term: two to three years.

Long-term: five years plus.

Keep setting new goals as you achieve the old ones; keep getting attached to new players as the old ones retire .. and you'll find that you always have something you want to play for.

Basically, that's how an infinite game works: sucked this season? How can you overcome that and make it better for next season? ... won it all this season? How are you going to defend your title with all of your players aging and demanding higher salaries or moves to more famous clubs?

ok thanks that was a good read what club do you recommend?

Mmm, it depends quite what you're looking for.

Personally, I've grown a real fondness for York City and play them pretty much every new version of FM; I like the idea that they're owned by a Supporter's Trust, among other things.

You might also pick by stadium capacity within a given league .. picking up a "sleeping giant" which has a high-capacity stadium in a lower-league division can be very rewarding as you have the catchment area and stadium capacity to compete even once you reach the top division of your chosen nation. (Example: Port Vale in English League Two have over 20,000 capacity and similar catchment-area to Stoke City, and of course Leeds Utd in League One have Elland Road and its 40,000-all-seater capacity...) Usually clubs in this realm have a lot of debt, and high expectations, so they can be a bit of a challenge to get under control in the first season or two .. but if you get the foundation right, you can enjoy a long, slow build towards the top of the pyramid.

Once you've picked a club, look it up on wikipedia - it can help a surprising amount just to know the club's history, and to vicariously suffer the supporters' pain as it slips from whatever heights it once had to the current predicament .. and it seems every club has a tale of woe somewhere in its story! :D

im going to try going a smaller team in the spl then maybe moving to the championship after a few years because i know the spl really well

im going to start off at hibs

wait wait mate, dont start off at hibs, you might be good with them and no one wants to see those ******** do well.

Be atletico madrid

in a few years with a few great signings you can be the best

you already have potentially the new maradona in aguero and he can easiely be the best player in the game.

Tip; Play 4-5-1 Barce style and get marquinhos and play him on the right as a messi role with lots or creativity freedom and a free role

and you should win the league in ypur second season :)

I had the same problem and tried to start of again with smaller clubs from in England and out, But i was still getting bored. I just think some people (like me) just struggle to hold down a game thats not realistic enough in many aspects, I'm hopin FM10 will be alot more realistic.

• 3 weeks later...
Personally, I've grown a real fondness for York City and play them pretty much every new version of FM; I like the idea that they're owned by a Supporter's Trust, among other things.

Sorry to ruin it Ama, but they're not any more.

I kind of have the same problem, I always have a game with Rushden and Diamonds (currently 19th in the championship end of 13/14 season) the only other game that has took me on 09 is starting with PSV and that only for 4 seasons.

Having a go at an Eastern europe game but it isn't really takinng off.

I got bored during my save which went up to 2024 and during the 16 days of game time I was bored but stick to it, fight the boredom and eventually you will find a regen you will love and just can't leave!

Recently i havent been able to start a new game and stick at it for a while. I see people in 2018 etc and i would love to be able to manage for that long but i always get bored of my game. I support Celtic and have made various Celtic games - the most going on for 4 seasons before i gave up because i found Europe impossible. My current game is Man City and im only in February my first season and im getting bored and im thinking of making a new save as Celtic. Any tips on how to get into a game and not get bored?

I know what you're going through.I did the same thing in just about every fm up until 2008. Except i would play a season then stop and start again.I solved this problem by just picking someone like Barcelona and letting the AI do the work.Gives you a chance to learn the tactics and gain experience.

Im in 2020 and been with around 6 clubs! thats not sticking with a club!! bearing in mind I holidayed until 2014 then continued from there. I dont seem to be able to just pick up a club off its backside and move it in the right direction and end up moving on before I get the chop

Archived