Has Anyone Swapped the English Leagues around?

2 threads in 5 minutes, i'm on a roll! :D

Has anyone done this, a mean to swap the Premier League with BSN/BSS, Championship with BSP, and League One with League Two.

This would be an interesting experiment to say the least. You would get Premier League teams relagated from the brink of football and the likes of Havant & Waterlooville winning the premier League. It would be interesting to see in 10 years time who has gotten back up to football and who has gone.

Link Here

That sounds like an absolutely brilliant idea! Obviously it would get quite annoying playing in a game like that after some time, but for the sheer curiousity, i'd love to see it!

You'd pretty much see the English UEFA club coefficiants drop down to the lowest levels after the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea have dropped off the top, taking away the many ECC and EC places and destroy English football in the long term!

That sounds like an absolutely brilliant idea! Obviously it would get quite annoying playing in a game like that after some time, but for the sheer curiousity, i'd love to see it!

You'd pretty much see the English UEFA club coefficiants drop down to the lowest levels after the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea have dropped off the top, taking away the many ECC and EC places and destroy English football in the long term!

Can ECC and EC places actually be taken away in this game?

Very interesting idea. Would love for someone to do an experiment on this and holiday 10 seasons. I imgaine prize money would affect at both ends as the old Prem clubs wouldn't be able to pay wages without the massive amounts they get in the Premier League.

Can ECC and EC places actually be taken away in this game?

Absolutely :)

Have a look at World > Europe > Champions Cup > Coefficients. You'll see the top ranked nations by club success in recent times.

When the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool drop off the list after 5 seasons, the English Nation Coeffecient will drop massively and ECC and EC places will decrease as a result and be awarded to a "better" ranked nation. So the likes of France, Germany, Turkey, Russia will get an extra place or two at Englands expense. Certaintly no more Top 4 clubs in the Champions League in England!

I did this once back on FM05. Was quite interesting but i only did two seasons. I think Gravesend and Northfleet were champions of England both years but unsuprisingly did poorly in Europe. I seem to remember Fulham getting relegated to obscurity and most teams losing their best players abroad.

When the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool drop off the list after 5 seasons, the English Nation Coeffecient will drop massively and ECC and EC places will decrease as a result and be awarded to a "better" ranked nation. So the likes of France, Germany, Turkey, Russia will get an extra place or two at Englands expense. Certaintly no more Top 4 clubs in the Champions League in England!

No it won't. That happens in real life, but from everything I've read of this game, FM has no capacity to change league reputations. If England teams get knocked out in the first round every year for 100 seasons, England will still be the top ranked league in 2109.

No it won't. That happens in real life, but from everything I've read of this game, FM has no capacity to change league reputations. If England teams get knocked out in the first round every year for 100 seasons, England will still be the top ranked league in 2109.

League rep & Club Co-efficients are two different things.

League rep doesn't change while co-efficients can.

Cougar2010 pretty much covered what i was going to say. Nation coefficients are based on the success of that nations clubs in European competitions. No success for English clubs means the English Nation coefficient dwindles and falls down the list of European countries.

I've seen it myself in France. Managing Lyon and winning 2 successive European Cups raised my clubs coefficient to 4th place in Europe and subsequently the French nation coefficient rose to 4th place behind England, Spain and Italy because we boosted the French nation coefficient. As a result we got 2 ECC places extra and another EC place for Ligue 1.

As League Two remains the same, will a League Two team with a chance of promotion be the strongest placed? In a way, they can get a good head start on the old 'Prem' teams.

The FA cup should pan out in a similar way, however you would get some of the big teams knocked out earlier on, while the new prem teams and Champ teams would have to play less games and have a bit of an advantage.

Example, you might get Man Utd vs Arsenal in the first round of the FA Cup.

However, the Carling Cup would be very interesting. None of the new BSP, BSN and BSS teams would be in it, so the League Two teams would be favourites to earn that UEFA Cup place.

However they would no doubt struggle to get into the UEFA Cup group stage. They might, but they would meet their match there no doubt.

• SI Staff

The best thing to do would be to get a list of all the teams in those divisions and their reputations and sort them in ascending order. The lowest reputation team goes into the Premiership and the highest reputation team goes into the Conference (or split them in N / S if you want to go that far)

I was talking to someone about this the other day as I knew I had seen this before. I might do my own one for Scotland and see how it pans out.

How can the bsn and bss be swapped with the prem? And dosen't one or more of the leagues have 22/24(?) teams and the league they are swapping with wouldn't have?

No hair-splitting here :mad:;)

We all love this idea and wait for the first nice guy to actually do it in the editor and upload the game for us to try and see what happens. :)

Archived