A Couple of questions!

Hi, I just got this great game. As a CM/FM die hard i'm missing some stuff.

1. No preferred foot? How do i know if a DC/MC/FC is left or right footed?

2. No penalty takers selectable?

3. Players are gaining caps without a message in the news section?

4. Why do spain and germany have B-squads and the rest not?

5. No languages involved? So does it matter if I play 11 different nationalities?

6. No squad/important first team/youth contracts?

7. Any key shortcuts?

Thanks for answering guys!

Greetings from Holland

Hi, I just got this great game. As a CM/FM die hard i'm missing some stuff.

1. No preferred foot? How do i know if a DC/MC/FC is left or right footed?

3. Players are gaining caps without a message in the news section?

4. Why do spain and germany have B-squads and the rest not?

5. No languages involved? So does it matter if I play 11 different nationalities?

6. No squad/important first team/youth contracts?

7. Any key shortcuts?

Thanks for answering guys!

Greetings from Holland

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">1. No preferred foot? How do i know if a DC/MC/FC is left or right footed?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can't currently I'm afraid.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">3. Players are gaining caps without a message in the news section? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is simply because full international management isn't present in the current version of FM Handheld.

Rather than not have the effect that International Appearances and tournaments have in real-life in the game at the end of the season it simulates the effects of the tournaments and awards caps to players as appropriate.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">4. Why do spain and germany have B-squads and the rest not? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is simply because the size of the databases in Spain and Germany allowed this whereas in England for instance it wasn't possible to shoehorn these into memory (it should also be noted that those leagues where B teams are in active leagues allow this without their being a larger memory footprint simply because the teams already exist, in England etc. Reserve leagues aren't modelled and so it'd require extra memory to simulate these).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">5. No languages involved? So does it matter if I play 11 different nationalities? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Languages aren't fully modelled as in FM PC however there is an effect upon players when they move into a new nation which simulates the effect of their lack of language skills initially (ie. their teamwork and communication will be slightly lower initially because of these difficulties).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">6. No squad/important first team/youth contracts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">7. Any key shortcuts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this to be honest, most actions within the game are done by pressing a specific button on the PSP hence they are all effectively 'short cuts' compared to the PC version.

There are some less known features such as using the analogue pad to jump to the top/bottom of a table - these things are detailed in the manual (although few people read it icon_wink.gif ).

• SI Staff

PS> As usual with our games feel free to indicate the manner you want this game to evolve in the future and what aspects you think are the most important going forward and we'll take these into account when we start working on the next version ...

Archived