Here's an idea!!!

I was thinking that maybe it will be a good idea to have more variety when it comes to central midfield players and strikers. For example we already have cultured midfielder and striker and tenacious defensive midfielder. But what i would like to see is 'holding midfielder' or 'world-class holding midfielder' and 'midfield destroyer' and descriptions like 'link striker' or 'cultured targetman'. It would be a good idea so at least i would know what i was buying. I would really like this to be a feature in FM10.

What do people think?

I'm pretty sure a destroyer is a ship..

Yeah, very funny. But i'm sure you understand what i'm trying to say. I think that kind of thing would be helpful. With a stiker it just says 'striker' or 'cultured striker' but what does that actually mean. I how do you know whether a striker is a targetman?

Yeah, very funny. But i'm sure you understand what i'm trying to say. I think that kind of thing would be helpful. With a stiker it just says 'striker' or 'cultured striker' but what does that actually mean. I how do you know whether a striker is a targetman?

Tbh I think it's good as it is. The descriptions are largely good enough, but things like 'destroyer' or 'holding' suggests their usage, rather than their ability. It should be up to you as the manager to work out how to play them. Target men are generally apparant by their attributes, but can also be a 'Towering Striker' for example. However, it's up to you if you want to play them as a target man or not.

There are a few things that could do with tweaking though, eg. that description loses priority to captaincy.

The descriptions are largely good enough, but things like 'destroyer' or 'holding' suggests their usage, rather than their ability.

I think that is so spot on. My mistake. Is it a fact that 'towering striker' is generally a targetman? Thanks

I think that is so spot on. My mistake. Is it a fact that 'towering striker' is generally a targetman? Thanks

Not a fact as such, but usually it means that they are good in the air. Not sure if it takes all neccessary TM attributes into account, but you can judge for yourself usually. :D

AFAIK most of these descriptions are based on personality traits (towering striker or <Name of club> captain are of course obvious exceptions and there might be more). I remember seeing a thread somewhere that specified which attributes were needed for each description. I will try and find it.

EDIT: Here we go: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=109502

• 1 month later...

Archived