Newb Question

I've just started a new season with Charlton and the board haven't given me the choice either. They've already set their expectation as "the club reaching the championship qualifiers". I'm guessing that this is probably because the club has not transfer funds or excess wage budget, and is in fact in debt. Although I would say that the expectation is slightly high considering that the squad in it's current state is somewhat average.

I've just started a new season with Charlton and the board haven't given me the choice either. They've already set their expectation as "the club reaching the championship qualifiers". I'm guessing that this is probably because the club has not transfer funds or excess wage budget, and is in fact in debt. Although I would say that the expectation is slightly high considering that the squad in it's current state is somewhat average.

Did you put yourself in there from the pre game editor or did you apply for the job. Usually it comes around from 25th June to 1st July in EPL. You are asked to predict how well you will do and you get a transfer allowance because of it. I don't know how Charlton would work, especially being in serious problems but I am sure that if you said you would win the league, they'd give you some money!

If the club has an expectation to win the league you cannot change the expectation as you cannot lower the expectation! E.g.: if the board expect to win the league, what else can you say? You only have a choice to raise the expectation.

Archived