Another thread about player awards...this needs fixing

OK so I'm managing in the Bulgarian league and it comes time to choose Bulgarian player of the year. It's 2011 and Dimitar Makriev won it. He's never been capped for Bulgaria. WTF? He's actually getting quite good ratings though and plays for Valladolid in the Spanish 1st division. Berbatov on the other hand is still an international regular, gets good ratings at United and wasn't even on the shortlist?

So,

- Why has a regular striker in the Spanish first Division never been capped for Bulgaria? Stats wise he's probably the 2nd or 3rd best there is?

- How is he possibly the Bulgarian player of the year when he's not even deemed good enough to play for his country?

I'm managing Arsenal Kiev in the Ukrainian Premier Division and one of my players won the Belarussian Player of the Year award in front of mr. Hleb from Barcelona! Yes he had been playing very well and scoring many goals (for a defender) but he hadn't played for the national team at all that season and only has something like 7 or 8 caps in total for his country. Something is definitely wrong...

- Why has a regular striker in the Spanish first Division never been capped for Bulgaria? Stats wise he's probably the 2nd or 3rd best there is?

I'm sure this has to do with his reputation. Reputation seems to be the most important stat for international callups, his problem is that there's too many higher reputation strikers in his country.

I tested this out with a player in one of my saves. 5 seasons in and this player was doing 7.2 to 7.5 average per season, but didn't get a full international callup. I used a real time editor to increase his national reputation from 3k-ish to 4500 and he was in the next national squad.

this is the wrost thing ever and it annoyed me pretty bad

2nd season signed marquinhos for £12 million for atletico madrid

and won me the league on his on basically

scoring 27 goals and 19 assits all from AMR

he won player of the year and young player of the year

and was the signing of the season

after all this brazil didnt even pick him for the world cup squad :S

this needs to change for fm10

players should be picked on performances not reputation

Arsenal fan 123, for me it took a while as well for Marquinhos to get callups, but now that he's 24 he's in the Brazil squad. In a way, it's kind-of realistic, because the coach may be reluctant to move older, legacy players on to the bench or out of the squad. Look at national teams in real life, and the same thing happens (everyone's complaints of Lippi, for example).

Archived