Will FM09 work with Windows 7?

i'd like to know the answer to that too. If I put my brave trousers on tomorrow I might partition my data drive and find out. Also want to check out Win7 anyway - it's meant to be much better. Because the OS itself is less resource hungry it should mean FM runs better with Win7 than Vista on identical h/w - well that's the theory.

So, anyone tried it????

P.S. Just remembered something - it comes with a shell that is XP mimicking - BUT without 3d drivers, so you'd have to run it in 2d in the XP emulator / shell.

I'm sure there where threads on here when everyone was trying out Windows 7. If I am not mistaken, via some setting in Windows 7 you can run it so it is just like your running the game in Windows XP.

As you know how it is, you;ve got older games and/or software that is only supported by an older version of Windows 2000/XP.

But I am sure the one's that have tried it has worked, but don't just take my word for it, I am toying with the WIndows 7 route too, as I understand it requires a CLEAN install plus it doesn't include Internet Explorer you'll need that on flash drive or Cd/DVD

Works like a charm on win 7 64 bits... the ME is a bit jerky though... something I did not have when I was running FM 09 on xp... Oh well I suppose that SI will support Window 7 with FM10 and that they will fix this after a few patches :D

It works fine on Win7, had it since the beta and now on RC 32-bit and no problems. Not sure why some seems to have had problems with Vista, had none myself after SP1. Also had a few of the responsive issues, but I had those since Fm08 on XP as well and still have a few of them on Win7. More of a game problem (at least with certain system specs) than the OS it self I'd say. But it's a minor (yet irritating) problem really.

Archived