Manchester City

After accepting a contract with Manchester City, I took it upon myself to sell the older members of the squad and the unneeded players. Looking at the transfer market, my first signing was Pavel Pogrebnyak for just £22 million, a few days later, croatian wing back Darijo Srna accepted a contract with Manchester City. Which left Shaktar Donesk with £20 million more in their transfer kitty. Days later another high profile signing; Sergio Aguero joined the setup at the City Of Manchester Stadium. For a price of £58 million, On his debut game scoring 8 goals The Citizens Fans knew he was a fantastic signing.

As a thankful gesture I let Elano go to Athletico for £22 million So effectively I got Pogrebnyak for free or a £22million discount for Aguero. Your choice of how you would put it. On the 13th of July Real Madrid made a mad bid of £49 million for Joe Hart, knowing that they wanted him, I also added in the transfer a player swap including Iker Casillas. A day later after some hard thinking, Madrid accepted the offer and i was pleased with bringing Iker into my setup.

8 days later CSKA Moscow had proposed the sale of Brazilian forward Vagner Love for a sum of £13.45 million. I thought for some time wondering if he could be introduced into the Manchester City setup. Doing some research on him, I thought that he would be a good buy, although he has not scored in 3 games, he has tallyed up a total of 9 assists. Scouting around Europe, Axel Witsel stood out to me, as a magnificent buy if i could lure him in for the right price. After enquiring Standard about the Belgian wonderkid. They were wanting £13 million, after some haggling I got this sum down to £6.75 million but if i was to buy at this price, I would have to sell the citizens captain, Richard Dunne. Pondering to myself if this was a good deal, I flipped a 2 pence coin and if it was heads I would go forward with the deal. Heads it was. And I had to wave goodbye to Dunne.

Playing a 3-2-1-2-2 I had a good setup, Vagner Love, Sergio Aguero and Pavel Pogrebnyak. As Attacking Wingers I had Robinho on the left, I also had Elano on the right, until I sold him to Athletico, as a replacement I brought in Fabio Quagliarella from Udinese for just £15.25 million. Holding the midfield together I had employed Belgian centre mid Axel Witsel in that role. Behind him I had Nigel De Jong and Vincent Kompany, placed behind them both I had Darijo Srna and Micah Richards. To cover the goalposts, Iker Casillas

This is my first story, so please don't be too harsh on the criticism

Enjoy

Please comment on what you think of the story and my squad :)

Me thinks the use of FMRTE came into this, or the in house editor:

Madrid paid £49m + Casillas for Joe Hart - sniff sniff, something smells fishy,

Or am I just being cynical. Just doesn't seem right,

:thup: for Paragraphs.

Whats your line up now?

FMRTE? I'll have to google it. After Quag got injured, i had to find a quick replacement, Maxi Rodriguez for £16 million

My current line up is a 3-2-1-2-2 still Pogrebnyak,Aguero,Vagner Love as my strikers. Robinho left winger, Maxi Rodriguez right winger.

Witsel centre mid, Kompany defensive mid along with Fernandes, Darijo Srna left back, Micah Richard Right back :)

Tom, it absolutely should not be in FMS! Please edit that link out!

You're lying about Casillas. Screen shot of a) Iker b) Hart c) your transfers d) Real Madrid's manager history and I might believe you, but there is something fishy going on.

Tom, it absolutely should not be in FMS! Please edit that link out!

You're lying about Casillas. Screen shot of a) Iker b) Hart c) your transfers d) Real Madrid's manager history and I might believe you, but there is something fishy going on.

I've read worse stories in the FMS.

I think everybody has failed to take into account that the OP did not specify a date in which the transfers took place.

It could easily be 2012, where Man City could have won the league and champions league, which would result in other clubs gaining interest in a squad full of European champions.

But still, a screnie wouldn't go amiss.

I've read worse stories in the FMS.

You'd struggle to have, except for other posts which aren't stories.

He has practically given away the date with some of his phrases. Just look at the signings.

Their willingness to come isn't what surprises me expecially, it's believing that Real bid £49m (over the WR transfer pre-Aguero) for a "good" goalkeeper like Joe Hart despite having the second best in the game, and then accepted losing said goalkeeper too!

Archived