What is FMRTE?

http://www.fmscout.com/a-fmrte_real_time_editor.html

Features

- You can edit players contracts/attributes/positions, remove injuries/bans

- You can edit clubs finances, stadium capacity, reputation, kits colors

- You can edit Clubs Affiliations

- You can change players names

- All the other features that FMRTE for FM 08 has (like Clone Center, Players Relations....), will be included in future versions of this editor

SPECIAL FEATURE: MASS EDIT, now you can edit the future transfer of a player, you can change his future club, the transfer fee, and if you want you can change the player to be transfered.

Has anyone got a reason to do this other than improve their own situation in the game? (I'm not calling it "cheating" - play the game how you wish).

• 8 months later...

Has anyone got a reason to do this other than improve their own situation in the game? (I'm not calling it "cheating" - play the game how you wish).

To make the Montserrat national team worldbeaters:D

If the game screw up, you could use it to right a wrong.

sorry if im being thick but i dont understand how you can check a PA of a regen if FMRTE is a seperate program :S

A program runs on memory (RAM); a lot of things are dumped on RAM. This browser window you see - the title text, the window borders, heck, this post - are all stored in memory. Somewhere in this black block of memory* the text "Somewhere in this black block" exists.

All this external program does is look at this black block of memory. It looks at the bits of memory Football Manager uses. It doesn't know Wayne Rooney's PA but it knows how to look for it as each player "reference" has a certain format. Kind of like looking for a book in a library - you don't know how many pages this book has nor exactly where the book is, but you know how to find the book (library catalogue) and know how to find how many pages a book has (flip to the last page), assuming you do have the book.

* Strictly speaking not necessarily: the text may be on the hard disk through virtual memory, but I digress

A program runs on memory (RAM); a lot of things are dumped on RAM. This browser window you see - the title text, the window borders, heck, this post - are all stored in memory. Somewhere in this black block of memory* the text "Somewhere in this black block" exists.

All this external program does is look at this black block of memory. It looks at the bits of memory Football Manager uses. It doesn't know Wayne Rooney's PA but it knows how to look for it as each player "reference" has a certain format. Kind of like looking for a book in a library - you don't know how many pages this book has nor exactly where the book is, but you know how to find the book (library catalogue) and know how to find how many pages a book has (flip to the last page), assuming you do have the book.

* Strictly speaking not necessarily: the text may be on the hard disk through virtual memory, but I digress

so FMRTE already knows what regens are in/arriving in the game

It's an invaluable tool for MLS players, as each year teams are able to "draft" players (in place of spending money of transfers.) Though FM has gotten better in recent years when it comes to newgens being placed in the draft, it still isn't uncommon to find 23 year-olds with 70 CA and 105 PA. They'd have no shot at ever playing in MLS in real life. This year, however, I actually had a player come through with a 180 PA...needless to say, I lowered it down to 160 to better reflect realism. Also, in real life, MLS clubs will draft 16 and 17 year old players that are expected have a lot of upside, but the game generally restricts newgens to 20+ (age) for the draft.

Yes, it is easy for someone to go in and build up a superteam without working towards it, but for a select few like me, it's a wonderful tool for ensuring the playability of leagues such as MLS.

It's a real time editor for real time cheaters.

Actually, I just used it to correct a problem from the database- a 20y.o. American player in the second division had a 200CA rating. He's in my db as 200CA/-6PA for some reason, but thanks to FMRTE I was able to correct it in-game.

Actually, I just used it to correct a problem from the database- a 20y.o. American player in the second division had a 200CA rating. He's in my db as 200CA/-6PA for some reason, but thanks to FMRTE I was able to correct it in-game.

It was only due to FMRTE that you were able to see the problem though.

So there wouldn't have been a problem if you didn't use it.

Er, no, you won't need an editor or scout to potentially see that a 20-year-old at his peak and therefore having a CA between 90-120 immediately being a problem (he'll be substantially better than his peers).

"You shouldn't see it" doesn't imply "there is no problem". You shouldn't see the army's secret weapons, but if they are nuclear and go off, you will see there is a problem!

The problem was that my scout recommended him- and nearly every one of his non-physical attributes were set to 19. His pace and the like were in the 14-15 region, I believe. I was already familiar with the player from my time spent updating the DB after each patch, so it was quite a shock to see him suddenly blossom into one of the world's best players.

Or are you suggesting that it's not a problem to have a player of that quality plying his trade in the US second division, and gaining caps for the national team?

is there one for 2010 want to do a mess about season with this

Mess about seasons are quite fun, having fun with mine atm anyway, just a nice break from the usual game. Thinking of editing pompeys finances to -120m like in real life and seeing what happens.:D

Archived