[FM09] Lee Mackie - Achiever or Quitter

_Jack_

Lee Mackie is an ex-pro who is trying to make it as a manager. I am playin as him on my FM 2008 game read and enjoy.

Post a comment or two on his career so far

Dunfermline 31/12/2007 - 23/8/2008

My time at Dunfermline was short lived I started with them lying at the bottom of the Scottish First Division at christmas but managed to save them from relegation a few weeks before the end, finishing 8th. I carried on with the next season but things not going well i was lying in 5th place destined for mid-table, i felt i had taken them as far as I could and resigned a month in.

League Season - Pld 36 W 12 L 16 D 8 GD -7 Pts 44 2007/08

Cameroon 17/2/2008 - 2/3/2012

I decided to go into international management after that, i dont know it just really excited me with the prospect of being a national hero and soon enough it didn't take long. We qualified for the Africian Cup of nations 2010 with ease and went on to beat Senegal in the Final 3-0, i was very happy with the win, We went on to qualify for the World Cup 2010 but got knocked out in the semi-final to france after extra time going down 5-3, we eventally finished 4th place after losing to Germany. I resigned from cameroon 2 years later because of a poor Africian Cup of Nations and my commitment to my new club Crystal Palace.

Honours - Africian Cup Of Nations 2010 WINNERS

4th Place in the World Cup 2010

Crystal Palace 19/4/2009 - 30/11/2010

Nothing really exciting happened at Palace it was a kind of stepping stone to bigger and better things i suppose. Nevertheless we battled on, again they were relegation bound, i managed to save the from the worst, we managed a 19th place spot in the Coca Cola Championship. The next season saw us battling for a playoff spot but some end of season bad results saw us drop down to a disappointing 10th place, as for cups not a good performance in them. I lefted Crystal Palace hoping for bigger and better things, they were soon to arrive.

League Season - Pld 46 W 15 L 19 D 12 GD -7 Pts 57 2008/09 19th

Pld 46 W 19 L 17 D 10 GD 0 Pts 67 2009/10 10th

Newcastle 8/4/2011 - 23/6/2015

This is the period where i really got myself onto the managerial map, i joined at the latter stages, they with stuggling down at the bottom of the premiership. i saved them from relegation finishing 17th. The next season was a much better performance, i managed to steady the ship and put my experience to the test and the team responed very well with a 6th place finish and a UEFA Cup spot which I was very pleased about. The Cups went OK getting to the Quarter Final in both the F.A Cup and the League Cup. My 2nd full season in charge saw us challenge for the title but sadly we were forever chasing run away leaders Manchester Utd which meant we had to settle for second best in the premiership qualifying for the Champions League, The UEFA Cup saw us win our group but sadly went out of the first knockout stage against Sevilla going down 3-2 on aggregate, The F.A Cup was a poor campaign for us bowing out in the 4th round, The League Cup 2013 was a major success with us going all the way to the final and winning against Arsenal 2-1 after extra time with a fantastic 25-yard strike from 36 year old Andriy Shevchenko. Probably the high of my career up to now. My 3rd season in charge we were pretty dismal in the league finishing a terrible 9th in league a horrible season for all of us but yet the chairman still retained his confidence in me, F.A and League Cup were terrible as well considering we were the holders of the league Cup. In the Champions League we finished 3rd in our group which meant going into the UEFA Cup once again but this time we played far better and getting to the final where we put in an heroic perfomance but losing to Ajax 2-1 and one of my former players coming back to haunt me. This was my last season in charge of Newcastle we finished in 4th place with the Cups not really challenging. After this Newcastle decided not to renew my contract and I left on a high, i believe that I had taken the Newcastle fans to a high they had not seen for years and I enjoyed every minute of it.

League Seasons - Pld 38 W 11 L 17 D 10 GD -16 Pts 43 2010/11 17th

Pld 38 W 17 L 13 D 8 GD +19 Pts 59 2011/12 6th

Pld 38 W 23 L 7 D 8 GD +38 Pts 77 2012/13 2nd

Pld 38 W 13 L 11 D 14 GD +12 Pts 53 2013/14 9th

Pld 38 W 20 L 11 D 7 GD +23 Pts 67 2014/15 4th

Honours - League Cup 2012/13 WINNERS

UEFA Cup 2013/14 RUNNERS-UP

Portsmouth 30/6/2015 - 2/2/2016

After a successful spell at Newcastle i had to take a tiny drop to portsmouth who were a mid-table premiership team, i had a lot of hopes for Portsmouth they had some young players and a chairman who was willing to invest in the stadium and youth developments etc. but my performance as manager was woeful and I was sacked after just 36 league games or 2 games from the end of the first season. It was a struggle here and i never settled into a consistant run finishing 16th i got sacked which is not a highlight in my career.

League Season - Pld 38 W 13 L 20 D 5 GD -15 Pts 44

U.S.A 10/1/2016 - Present

I decided to go back to international management, i enjoyed it the last time with Cameroon, at the moment its going quiet well so far i have got through all my qualifing games for the World Cup 2018, qualifing with ease i have only lost 3 games as manager of the USA and all of them have been to Mexico 2 in the qualifing stage and once in the Gold Cup Final, The Gold Cup was a good campaign for us finishing runners up, even though we play teams that are a little of the pace from us and mexico but it is an achievement in my eye and another final to my tally, i have a few friendlies before the start of the World Cup the groups havent been drawn yet but i am expected to be 3rd seeds.

Arsenal 7/7/2017 - Present

I have only been in charge for 7 comptetive games and i have already won my first trophy, its only the Community Shield but nevertheless it still a trophy not much to report on at the moment other than when i signed my contract they said they were going to give me 31 million pounds to spend but when i signed it they took it all off me, so i am not to pleased with that.

Honours - Community Shield 2017/18 WINNERS

Career Stats - Played - 403

Won - 203

Drawn - 79

Lost - 121

Goals Scored - 730

Goals Conceded - 500

Goal Difference - 230

Career Earnings - 7.5 million

Archived