Teams making Stupid Transfers

I guess its pretty difficult to program for this but what is up with stupid transfers that the PC controlled teams make?

In my current game, Chelsea and Man City are leading the pack with this because they have so much money.

in the summer (2009) Chelsea decided to buy: Guiza (15mil), Kranjcar (13mil), Maxi Rodriguez (16mil), Andres Guardado (20mil), Ezequiel Garay (10.25mil), Dario Srna (23.5mil), Marcelo (13.25mil), Joao Moutinho (18.75mil).

Its now February 2010.. Guiza has played 4 games, 2 starts, 2 subs, he wants to leave. Guardado has played 6, 1 start, 5 subs, he wants to leave. Kranjcar was sold to roma after only playing 3 games for the club, he was sold for 15 million. Rodriguez has started 6 games, 4 subs but is happy to stay. The rest have actually played roles in the team so far. Chelsea have also bought van der Vaart from Arsenal who was unhappy there because he never played

whats the deal?

well probably all of them here offered key roles at the club or similar so they got upset about loosing ground, and the club sold them, i'ts hard to maintain good relationship when you have so much good players for so little starting positions.

or

as usual the transfer system buys sily as mentioned thousends of times before

really hoping that it wount be affected by this years real madrid saga, and that we will see some improvements in the AI department of transfers :)

Sounds like exactly what's going to happen at Citeh next season!!

I hope Man C realise they can only play 2 or 3 strikers at one time - 9 Valeri Bojinov 10 Robinho 14 Roque Santa Cruz 20 Felipe Caicedo 24 Ched Evans 27 Benjani 32 Carlos Tevez 39 Craig Bellamy.

I guess adebayor will be playing centre back then.....

Maybe Man City is being run by a FM AI manager? Buying players by reputation and availability, regardless of how many players they already have for that position. Now I'll just wait to see them play 4-2-4 in the last 10 minutes of every game. :D

Actually those examples are indeed not the worst compared to real life. 8 signings, 4 hits, 4 misses. And finding Guardado on the list of misses is actually way more surprising to me than all the rest.

I hope Man C realise they can only play 2 or 3 strikers at one time - 9 Valeri Bojinov 10 Robinho 14 Roque Santa Cruz 20 Felipe Caicedo 24 Ched Evans 27 Benjani 32 Carlos Tevez 39 Craig Bellamy.

I guess adebayor will be playing centre back then.....

Bojinov, Caicedo, Benjani and maybe Bellamy as well will all be out the door. Evans will probably go out on loan somewhere top Championship/low end Premiership. Rumour has it they'll play Robinho wide left and rotate Santa Cruz, Adebayor and Tevez.

In terms of crap transfers, it does frustrate me a lot, but its a known problem. On my game Alex Ferguson literally only buys strikers and defensive midfielders. Splurged silly money on Pirlo, Inler, Tymoschuk (sp?) and Yaya Toure, to add to Hargreaves and Carrick, and also bought Pazzini and Vagner Love to add "competition" to Tevez, Rooney, Berbatov etc. Meanwhile the rest of the top 6 just rotate players endlessly. Poor old Niko Krankjar, he never settles anywhere:

09-10: Portsmouth > Liverpool 16m (6 apps, 1 goal)

10-11: Liverpool > Tottenham 16.5m (1 app)

10-11 (Jan): Tottenham > Astom Villa 17.25m (4 apps)

11-12: Aston Villa > Chelsea 14.75m (2 apps so far- currently in November).

the players don't help thereselves either,

In my current game Chelsea have signed Michael Owen, who only made 2 sub appearances, as he was unhappy, i tried to sign him.

Guess what happened, he rejected my contract offer and signed a new deal at Chelsea.

Before anyone asks i did check and MO was only injured for around 6 weeks during the season.

I haven't seen as many transfer issues like this in my Premier League save. What is annoying is the flood of "[italian Team] have made an offer of $39.5 million to co-own [italian Team 2]'s [Player]" This goes on for the entire transfer window from multiple Italian sides. It's a pretty common bug, I hear.

Archived