How do you get to be FC United

In my game 2nd season in they are not in the BSN/BSS

As said above, check a thread called Dafuge's challenge. It shows you to run the game through, to June 24th IIRC, then save it. You can then keep reloading that save, just advancing by a day and checking the BSN, as that's the day the promotions / relegations take place for the English leagues.

Actually, having just looked on that thread, which is:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=62170

there is a link to this file, which I've added for you below. It is a save game already created for you. Download that, then run through - I haven't checked it but I guess it loads at the day before promotions.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AQV9AWLI

I would also suggest that you load the .DDT file Dafuge has created. This will populate your team, otherwise they will mainly be "greys" and not real players. Full instructions are in the thread above.

Hope this helps.

One final thing - if you do download the save game (.fm), you MAY have to reload it a few times, but they are normally one of the sides promoted first time so it will only take you a few minutes. If it were me, though, I'd create my own save - you can specify the leagues you want to load, database size etc., to tailor to your own wishes/pc specs - create a manager (start as unemployed) and then holiday, specifying the correct return date, which I checked is 24/06/09, then save the game.

You can then reload to your heart's delight to get the team you want, even using it at a later date if you fancy another team.

Obviously it depends on the specs of your PC, leagues you load and database size you specify, but a year's holiday can be surprisingly quick. For instance, when I did it I specified Large DB, All English leagues and used the .DDT file(which does add a little), and OK I have a top spec PC, but it only took me 45 mins to do.

I haven't checked but I think on Dafuge's Challenge post (as in my previous post), there is actually a link to an FC United save, that will have real players created, BUT it will only have English leagues loaded, as that is the rule of the challenge.

BTW - sorry for the long posts, but it's 4:15 in the morning and I haven't anything to do today!!!

Archived