Youth Coaches

Obviously youth coaches benefit if they have a working with youngsters high stat. Is the effect of this stat on youngsters diminished if they are offered a job as coach to both first team and youth?

Thanks

No. The stat is effective whenever the coach is dealing directly with a player who qualifies as a youngster (whatever age that is!).

However, notice that the coach's overall effectiveness with youth may be lower because he is spending so much of his time working with your first team regulars (who are mostly maintaining existing attributes) rather than helping your youngsters to develop.

This would actually be an interesting area for one of our resident experimentation-types to run an experiment, trying different combinations of Coach, First Team Coach, and Youth Coach to see if there's any appreciable difference in youth development or first team attributes over a number of seasons.

I think I'll take that up.

The only thing I've found so far was Yth coaches tend to be in the players favored personnel list. Maybe having some of the staff, players in the favored list makes it harder to leave the club. (Unverified claim)

Archived