Adding league while playing

I remember that before release of FM09 I heard smth that we will be able to add some playable leagues without starting new game. Is this option in game and if it is, where can I do that..? Can I add, for example, Italian Serie C..?

• SI Staff

This was never on any list for FM 2009 I'm afraid and upon starting a new game you will only be able to manage in the leagues you have selected

In the old game it was however possible to switch a league from background to foreground. This isn't possible in FM09 and is sorely missed by me. I would like to start a game with a large-ish amount in the background, switching them to foreground when I take up a coaching job there during the course of the save.

In the old game it was however possible to switch a league from background to foreground. This isn't possible in FM09 and is sorely missed by me. I would like to start a game with a large-ish amount in the background, switching them to foreground when I take up a coaching job there during the course of the save.

Sounds quite useful, tbh

That does, however, increase the start up time of the game exponentially, if you've got a couple of hours to spare to start up a game it's not a bad suggestion. Mine that I did that on doesn't run slow really despite having a lot of leagues loaded, it just took the managers an eternity to find their targets.

Archived