Short Memories for Players

I have a regen that I got when he was 18, have trained and worked with, and who's becoming the centerpiece of my midfield. I would have liked for him to be captain one day, but I knew that he'd want to leave before that point.

So sure enough, he's now 20, he's been the star of Switzerland for a couple of years, and we're in the January transfer window. He says that he's thinking of moving; I try the "want my club's ambitions to increase to match his ambition" tact, which (surprisingly) works; he agrees to stay. So I'm thinking I've got him until at least the summer.

Instead, a week later, he pulls the same stunt. This is after he's had a press conference less than a week before about how he wanted to help the club win trophies, mind you; he shouldn't be thinking of moving yet, right?

I have a regen that I got when he was 18, have trained and worked with, and who's becoming the centerpiece of my midfield. I would have liked for him to be captain one day, but I knew that he'd want to leave before that point.

So sure enough, he's now 20, he's been the star of Switzerland for a couple of years, and we're in the January transfer window. He says that he's thinking of moving; I try the "want my club's ambitions to increase to match his ambition" tact, which (surprisingly) works; he agrees to stay. So I'm thinking I've got him until at least the summer.

Instead, a week later, he pulls the same stunt. This is after he's had a press conference less than a week before about how he wanted to help the club win trophies, mind you; he shouldn't be thinking of moving yet, right?

one word Adebayor

Yeah, I offered him the armband...a lot of the team actually liked it (save the previous captain and my vice-captain, who both were really ****ed), but the player himself felt that, at 20, that was too much pressure. So I may have just screwed up my team's morale.

Oh well. That could make this more interesting, I suppose.

Archived