Reserve Leagues in Portugal

When I was Sporting Lisbon, which was the first team I was after buying the game when it came out, there were no reserve leagues in Portugal. After taking a 4 month break from FM to revise for, and do GCSEs, I returned to the game having downloaded the most recent patches etc. Now there are reserve leagues in Portugal. Which one is correct IRL, having reserve leagues or not? It would have been useful for me on that save!

There is no Reserve league in Portugal. They have a competition called Liga Intercalar. The following is a post from the Portugal data issues forum.

LIGA INTERCALAR

Model of Competition

The "LIGA INTERCALAR" is a competition that complements the national championships and is designed to teams of the "Primeira Liga" and "Liga de Honra" and in exceptional cases in the South Zone, the Division II National. In this issue, the competition is disputed by 15 teams, nine of the North Zone and six from South Zone of Portugal.

The interim model of competition does not interfere with the other competitions, games kick-off on Wednsdays afternoon, and favors the competitive pace, especially among younger players, who are waiting to play in the 1st teams.

The league is disputed in two championships: winter (the dispute until December) and spring (dispute is December to March). Each of the teams playing with opponents at home and away in alternate. Later is a devoted champion per league.

Each zone dispute a play-off, which includes winter and spring of Champions and the runners in the same championships.

It is then found a champion in each area. The "finalíssima", to find the 2008-2009 National Champion, is disputed between the winners of the areas north and south.

North zone teams:

Freamunde

Aves

Leixões

Feirense

Paços Ferreira

FC Porto

Boavista

Varzim

Gondomar

South zone teams:

SL Benfica