Youth system question

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: It depends on youth facilities, as well as on club and league reputation and all sorts of stuff like that. The chances are that if two clubs have the same quality of youth facilities, but one is in a league a few levels above the other, more talented youngsters will go to the top club. But if you have good youth facilities, you can certainly get good players.

I've just started a new save playing as a bottom-half-of-third-division (i.e. bottom playable league) side in Belgium. Even though our facilities are nothing special, I noticed that upon starting up I had a 16-year-old regen right-back who was better than any of my other players by quite some distance. My Assman said he had the ability to be a "leading Pro League" player, with Pro League being the Belgian top league. Just a couple of days into the game, Anderlecht were interested, and a couple of weeks in after I got my first Belgian parent club, they immediately spotted his talent and became interested, too. Luckily I signed him to a six-year contract (on £15 a week :p) though, so he's stuck with me for a while.

In summary: Yes.

Not quite the analogy you presented, but I just signed a regen of 105, 191 (CA, PA) for Barcelona from Norwich. I've also picked up tremendous talent from a Serie C1 sides (can't remember names). It is definitely possible. That being said, the current best player in the world was generated by River in 2015, and big clubs make the rest of the elite

Not quite the analogy you presented, but I just signed a regen of 105, 191 (CA, PA) for Barcelona from Norwich. I've also picked up tremendous talent from a Serie C1 sides (can't remember names). It is definitely possible. That being said, the current best player in the world was generated by River in 2015, and big clubs make the rest of the elite

Yes. I mean, this player being good enough to be a "leading Pro League player" might mean that he may be no better than a good Championship player in England, and that's even if he reaches his full potential, which given my facilities he probably won't.

Will he be a world-beater? Nah, probably not. But he could well be one of the best Belgian players in the future, and coming from a third division relegation-threatened (when I came in, anyway. This right back is helping us keep a top-half position) side with average youth facilities.

So could the equivalent of that happen in England? Probably. And like Taytaz says, he got a great-looking regen from Norwich, along with others from Serie C1.

Can teams for example Darlington produce players that could go onto become world class in the future?

Or is it only big clubs?

Another point to remember: you can get youth players from your youth system that has a great talent and could play for Premier League level, but if you are top club scouting through lower division youth players to find some talent you should find and sign him ASAP, in age of 16. If he has spent already 1-2 years in this lower level club with poor coaches and basic training facilities then a lot of his potential has been wasted for the time he's 18-19

Archived