Help please, new game

Just took a break from fm, seem to keep getting bored of games at the moment, just wondering if anyone has any ideas on a challenge or save that could keep me occupied, dont mind which country tbh. Don't mind any custom databases either

thanks in advance

Otherwise, you could perhaps try a journeyman career game? It's a whole style of playing the game, working from the bottom to the top by building your reputation up and moving to different clubs. You start out with a very small team hoping that one day you can earn the right to manage one of the giants of world football.

You can keep yourself motivated by knowing that you are taking on new 'projects' ever so often in order to win trophies with a new club and build up your reputation.

C.

Load up four or five nations that you are interested in (if your computer is good enough). I suggest maybe England, Italy, Spain, Germany, France. Then start off unemployed and go for jobs in the Blue Square South or North. Try to get a couple of promotions and then look to move on. Build up your reputation until you are good enough to manage a top side. Perhaps even manage internationally. Great fun! :)

I had a good one in FM08 where I started off at St. Albans City. I won BSS and eventually won BSP after a few years. Then had a season in League Two where I failed to do as well as I had hoped. I decided I had taken the Saints as far as I could and moved to Derry City in Ireland. It was a good move, as they had just been relegated, and despite having a disappointing first season, I quickly won the Irish Second Division title with them. I didn't fancy staying in Ireland so I left for Germany at the first opportunity. I ended up managing Kaiserslauten in their Second Division for a few seasons. I managed a promotion to the top flight of German football by the skin of my teeth. However, before I could get set up for a season in the Bundesliga, Ghana came calling and I fancied a spot of International management. This is where my career really took off. I went straight into an African Nations tournament and managed to win it. I lost to Nigeria in the group stages but struggled on, managed to get through, and then met them again in the final and won 1-0. Regrettably, my time with Ghana was short-lived. I had a miserable World Cup Qualifying campaign and I quit in disgrace after failing to qualify from an easy group. After that, I took over Leverkusen in the German top flight. I was trying to get to Italy but I couldn't find a good club to take me. With Leverkusen, I had a really disappointing season and finished in the lower half of the table. I resigned before I was sacked.

I didn't continue the career on after that as I had lost the magic. Great save though with plenty of ups and downs.

C.

Thanks it helped a lot mate, loaded about 12 nations 25 divisions, got a job in the swiss 2nd division, with fc chaux-de-fonds, all very average until i realised they have fm 09 god charles andre doudin, although not quite as good on this one, won my first 3 games, will let you know it goes, thanks for helping me get going

Archived