No Goalkeeper for an entire country?!

Well.. I just took over at Ivory Coast and I looked at the squad and I saw there was no goalkeeper, so I went to the Search function, searched for Goalkeepers Eligable to play for Ivory Coast and NONE were found!!!

I am using the small database because my PC isn't the best on the market, so would this be a/the reason why there is no goalkeepers for my national team?

Edit: Sorry if this is the wrong section, I wouldnt know where else to put it. :p

Well, it should teach us to check out the squad first before accepting an offer. :) I heard this a lot of times, especially in connection with African teams.

If no goalie is there, you should do a search. At the least the problem can then not come as a surprise anymore. :)

I have that problem with Ghana. I know that we're going to go to the World Cup, have him found out (he's bad, but since I mostly play against other African teams the lack of keepers is a universal problem; in actual international competition, he's going to be a lot worse), and then I'll probably get sacked. Unfortunately, I haven't really had any other viable options open up; I'm hoping I'll luck out and get some crazy good regen next season, but I'm not holding my breath.

Yep, I've had this problem accepting a job offer from some random nationality, too, also on a small database.

That's the key point here:

I am using the small database because my PC isn't the best on the market, so would this be a/the reason why there is no goalkeepers for my national team?

Small database. Advantage: fewer players loaded, so less memory & less processing time (aging, contract negotiating, retiring, etc). Disadvantage: fewer players loaded, so fewer players in obscure nations such as Ivory Coast are available.

Don't read this as "There are no goalkeepers for the entire country", its "On a small database, there happened to be no Ivory Coast goalkeeper in any of the leagues I selected as 'playable'."

I do wish that the game would be a bit "smarter" about not offering the human manager an international management position for nations which don't have at least 2 goalkeepers and 30+ active internationals in the current save-game.

Archived