Lack of Quality GK regens

Exactly the same for me, an area that needs addressed. Im in 2022 now, and Im finding it hard to go on once Akinfeev decides to retire. There is one regen that could do a decent job but thats about it. Pretty disappointing.

GK's I have found are the hardest to improve as well

Same here im still playing akinfeev at 42 years old but hes just anounched hes retiring at the end of this season and wont stay on. His speed ect are awful but hes still playing better than anyone else i can find.

Must have spent £60million trying to replace him but still keep going back to him. My whole team is worldclass apart from the keeper and aging centre mid.

In my two long term games, I've really struggled to find good GKs as well. In my first there was two who were world class and it took years of chasing to get one of them. My latest game there isn't any world class GKs.

I believe that this no longer happens in the 3rd patch. I have a long term save with the 1st patch, and a long term save with the 3rd patch. In the first game, all goalkeepers are terrible and have poor stats, aside from the technical ones... On the second game, despite only being in 2015, I see 2 regen goalkeepers with great qualities. Possibly as good as Casillas, or Buffon.

I believe that this no longer happens in the 3rd patch. I have a long term save with the 1st patch, and a long term save with the 3rd patch. In the first game, all goalkeepers are terrible and have poor stats, aside from the technical ones... On the second game, despite only being in 2015, I see 2 regen goalkeepers with great qualities. Possibly as good as Casillas, or Buffon.

On the 3rd patch im in 2026 and Akinfeev is STILL a world-class player at my club, even though he is 40. There are NO other keepers who come close to ANY of his stats.

None, zero.

Luckily for me i have world class defence which means that i am trying to allow a severly weakened (stats wise) young keeper to get some first team action. This has really spoilt FM09 for me. :thdn:

I have the 3rd patch and no luck, there are some decent goalies that have been at the club but if they are not getting games their stats decline a fair bit for me. There is not a single world class regen keeper in my save.

One the one hand, it's a level playing field - poor regen keepers for you means poor regen keeprs for all the AI teams too.

On the other hand, I'm just check my 2011 save with Genie now and there are 7 teenage regen keepers with PA over 180, or 20 with 175+ (patch 930). It is a low proportion but not really a crisis.

One the one hand, it's a level playing field - poor regen keepers for you means poor regen keeprs for all the AI teams too.

On the other hand, I'm just check my 2011 save with Genie now and there are 7 teenage regen keepers with PA over 180, or 20 with 175+ (patch 930). It is a low proportion but not really a crisis.

There is deffinately a problem with goalkeepers. I am in 2016, and though there are a fair few gk's with high PA and some decent stats in the right areas, none are as good as the top "real" gk's who start the game.

I think it is partly because there are so many things which go into making a good goalkeeper. At a base for a great GK, they probably need to start with a minum of 12 in all key mental, technical and physical attributes.

I see a few GK's with decent technical attributes, but they are let down by their mental and physical attributes.

The problem with goalkeepers is that young goalkeepers simply develop too slowly and so aren't given enough games by AI or human managers to develop to reach their potential. Goalkeepers need to improve more simply through training and occasional appearances than the average player.

i am in 2024 and there are loads of young regen goalkeepers. their stats don't always look great because GK's peak later. For Real Madrid I have just spent £5m on a 16 yr old Lithuanian keeper from Kobenhavn.

He has a couple of 16s and an 18 in aerial ability and he outperforms my 33 yr old Italian regen who has mostly 17/18s.

In my previous employment at Burton I bought 2 Scottish international keepers, who were both very solid. I spent £50m on a goalkeeper for Juventus too who was amazing.

If scouting fails, just do a player search and filter Aerial Ability, Reflexes, Handling etc to 14/15 and get a rounded keeper.

In a save I began in 9.2, now playing it with 9.3 installed, around 2011 I picked up a pretty good regen Swiss keeper. In 2014 he's about 4 starts for CL play with some room to improve. But I don't know yet about other regens coming through, as I just bought Akinfeev and have no need to find another keeper.

Archived