How about a shortlist of jobs you want?

I'd like to shortlist jobs I'm interested in so that I don't miss it if one of them becomes available.

Say, for example, I'm managing Man City but would like to manage Valencia, Inter, Bayern or Lyon. I'd love to shortlist these clubs and see at a glance how safe the managers are. Plus if the manager gets sacked at one of these clubs I'd like to be informed instead of realising they've changed gaffer three weeks later.

I know people will say that if you really want to move to another club you should check its status often but I can't see this being too hard to implement.

Yes, I've had this idea in the past and suggested it in the wishlist thread here: http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2664201&postcount=3832

4) An 'ideal job' alert system. Simple idea this and could be used in conjunction with the favourite clubs option. You make a list of clubs or national teams that you would love to manage in your save. These are your dream jobs. Everytime the position becomes available, or when the current manager's position is in question, you will get a reminder. No longer will your favourite job escape you because you forgot to look at the job screen every week.

It's a good idea. :thup:

C.

Fantastic idea, but why stop there.

I can't help but feel when i get sacked (an often occurence!) the holidaying options are pretty rubbish - for instance why can't i say that i only want to apply for english jobs or spanish or even just clubs that are on managerial shortlist that you mentioned. That way i'm not selecting "Top division clubs" and coming back every 5 mins when i'm applying for Malmo or Catania!!! It should at least take your repuatation into account so that if i'm a lowly team manager with no rep i shouldn't be applying for Man Utd or Barca.

Just my 2 pence! Be interested to know what SI think about this???

I would love a idea like this to come to release. Also if i am say Manager of my favourite club, Chesterfield & then i leave i would like it so im not 00% hated so that i could one day possibly return to the club i love.

Aodhagan - have you never heard of a journeyman career game? It's a whole style of playing the game, working from the bottom to the top by building your reputation up and moving to different clubs. You start out with a very small team hoping that one day you can earn the right to manage one of the giants of world football.

C.

Aodhagan - have you never heard of a journeyman career game? It's a whole style of playing the game, working from the bottom to the top by building your reputation up and moving to different clubs. You start out with a very small team hoping that one day you can earn the right to manage one of the giants of world football.

C.

Sorry mate

I agree totally with this. I'm glad we had more control over jobs this time with the holiday options but they could be a few more features that make it so much better. A job shortlist would be great.

Archived