Pre Season in FM 2010

At the moment there is the option to 'Allow transfers' in the first pre season. This gives you two options:

1. Start out with the fully updated teams and have more money to spend to further bolster your squad.

2. Start out with fully updated teams with a low transfer budget to represent the summer expenditure.

What about the possibility of a third way (perhaps to implement into future productions of FM).

Why not start the season on the 1st July with teams the way they were in real life. I.e Kaka and Ronaldo had gone to Real Madrid, Tevez had rejected a Man Utd contract offer and the MK Dons had all but 14 players' contracts ended (slight gap between the teams but the same principle!). This would give you the opportunity to play out the transfer window (which, let's face it is a lot of fun) seeing how you would do things. Would you have Man Utd sign Valencia to 'replace' CR or would you use the 80 Million differently (etc etc)?

I just think it would give the game a different dynamic.

Let me know what you think

In real life it happened though so I can't see why the next FM wouldnt be able to implement it. I'm aware that the younger players with a large amount of potential ability need a premium added on should any club try and purchase them (otherwise we'd all have a team full of Jack Wilsheres purchased for 1 million each) but i'm sure that the game could be written so Bordeaux accept similar offers regardless. Then perhaps more focus on the players requirements as to which club he will go to.

Hmm...a tough one

if you did this i think football manager might need a sepearate database to load from and i can't see them doing it, people would also argue, why not then have ronaldo as man utd and have the 80 million bid on the table and its up to you to accept or not accept if that makes sense?

Archived