Is concentration important for Strikers

The higher the better, thats a given a think. However, when choosing a striker its not top of my list.

Composure is undoubtedly the most impotant mental attribute - without it, no matter how many chances the striker gets he simply wont score.

After that I would consider off the ball and work rate to be the most important, but that is more to do with my playing style.

If looking for a target man, i would also pay attention to anticipation and aggression.

Originally posted by therubberducky27:

The higher the better, thats a given a think. However, when choosing a striker its not top of my list.

Composure is undoubtedly the most impotant mental attribute - without it, no matter how many chances the striker gets he simply wont score.

After that I would consider off the ball and work rate to be the most important, but that is more to do with my playing style.

If looking for a target man, i would also pay attention to anticipation and aggression.

Agree with all of this, we clearly have similar playing styles. I do like at least one of my strikers to have a bit of flair as well, since most of my build-up play is fairly functional, really.

Archived