Cup Draws (Domestic, Continental & International)

OK, a couple of things here that have struck me (and kind of annoyed me) with FM09 and I was just wondering if someone could shed some light on them.

First of all why are some cup draws availabe to watch and some not. I'm manager of QPR and England in 2013 and the World Cup draw has just taken place the day after the 1st knock-out round for the Champions League but for some reason the option to actually watch the draw was not offered, it just told me what my group was. This used to be a feature in some older FM's so why is it that some tournaments will give you the draws and otehrs won't. To be honest International draws would be something I generally would watch as they are not as frequent as the various league and european torunaments that I get through a season.

Secondly, and more annoyingly, why are draws pre-determined? In the above draws (for the CL and WC Finals) I had saved my game after a match on Wednesday 18th Dec 2013 (this was last night before bed). I loaded it up today and on the Friday (20th) I was drawn away to Fiorentina and the day after the groups for the WC was drawn and I was put with Croatia, Cameroon and Iran (a group I was quite pleased with to be honest. However, curiosity got the better of me so I made a new save and went back to the save game which started me back on Wed 18th Dec and after progressing ALL the draws were exactly the same. This to me seems unrealistic and somewhat odd, why is the draw not completely random and just how far forward does the cpu determine who I have to play as. Quite frankly this makes the whole point of watching a draw somewhat redundant and pointless IMO.

Obviously these are not bugs or errors and will certainly not ruin my enjoyment of the game but it does seem a bit odd (and stupid) and I was wondering what the offical word might be

Don't know the answer to question 1, sorry. But I know the answer to question two. The results aren't pre-determined, it's the same as in real life and is pretty random. I checked this by saving just before a draw and I loaded my save a couple of times and each time I got a different group.

Archived