Trade anomaly

Hey everyone,

I have some trade anomalies that I was wondering about. I wonder if it is a possible bug or if there is a reasoning behind this. Okay, so I'm coaching the MLS Galaxy and I realize that I'm gonna be screwed starting next season with hardly any development players and hardly any that are worth a damn. As I have a log jam at the Striker position, I offload my highest paid striker (Edson Buddle, who is also the biggest underachiever on the team) who was making $4,000 a week for a "good" developmental prospect. Well the other team, accepted the trade but immediately waived Buddle. This sounds like a bug to me since they apparently just gave me the other guy for nothing.

I've had it in the past where I've given the team a little bit of transfer funds and another player who they immediately waived, but I figured that at least they wanted the money. Never to where I was just given a player for basically nothing.

Hey everyone,

I have some trade anomalies that I was wondering about. I wonder if it is a possible bug or if there is a reasoning behind this. Okay, so I'm coaching the MLS Galaxy and I realize that I'm gonna be screwed starting next season with hardly any development players and hardly any that are worth a damn. As I have a log jam at the Striker position, I offload my highest paid striker (Edson Buddle, who is also the biggest underachiever on the team) who was making $4,000 a week for a "good" developmental prospect. Well the other team, accepted the trade but immediately waived Buddle. This sounds like a bug to me since they apparently just gave me the other guy for nothing.

I've had it in the past where I've given the team a little bit of transfer funds and another player who they immediately waived, but I figured that at least they wanted the money. Never to where I was just given a player for basically nothing.

You'd be surprised how much this sort of stuff actually happens in MLS.

Archived