Request For FM2010 "Games For Windows"

I would like to see pritty much 1 key thing in FM2010 which is making the game "Games For Windows" and which has achievements i feel this would bring more longer lifespan to the game and more challanges for the user :D IF you only bringing out FM2010 on PC.

• SI Staff

We've been Games for Windows compliant for the last couple of versions.

If you mean Games for Windows Live, which is similar to Xbox Live, we'll only look at it when it has larger take up - it's a lorra lorra work for something that is currently being used by very few people. If we were still doing an Xbox 360 version of the game, it would make a lot of sense. But we aren't.

If you mean Games for Windows Live, which is similar to Xbox Live, we'll only look at it when it has larger take up - it's a lorra lorra work for something that is currently being used by very few people. If we were still doing an Xbox 360 version of the game, it would make a lot of sense. But we aren't.

Sorry for confusion, i am talking about Windows LIVE :p

I thought it should be the other way around if you are not doing a 360 version you WOULD do the windows live:confused:, i would say doing this would be benificial due to many people on the xbox 360 do look for achievements and FM games can run on pritty much most PC's/Laptops so im sure many would buy it just for that service of getting achievements.

And unless the new game a feature that would give you challanges in FM2010, i feel achivement system brings you to do objectives which in FM09 is lacking.

Seriously? I can't imagine buying a game just because it has achievements.

I can't either. I can understand that it might improve the longevity of a game, but I can't imagine it'll be the overriding factor in deciding whether or not to purchase a game (unlike, say, whether or not a game has a multiplayer element).

I can't either. I can understand that it might improve the longevity of a game, but I can't imagine it'll be the overriding factor in deciding whether or not to purchase a game (unlike, say, whether or not a game has a multiplayer element).

Well i got FM2009 for £19 quid people WILL buy games for that price purely for achievements believe me a couple of my mates do :confused:

For example (i know this is very offtopic) Avatar on the 360 was a shocking game very easy and no multiplayer BUT yet so many people have bought it!! why?? because it takes like 2 minutes if i recall to get a full 1k, pritty much every person has played that game so i would say its sales were great for a game people got for just achievements.

And looking back to football manager 2006 on Xbox 360 many got that game i saw even some Americans who i saw on forums didnt understand football or any rules because they got the game for achievements. I persionally hate doing that but i see the good behind it as i did strive in FM08 on Xbox 360 to do the leagues like Holland etc.. which i wouldn't usually do or think about, i only did them due to wanting a challange and the achievements was that excuse to do so.

• SI Staff
Well i got FM2009 for £19 quid people WILL buy games for that price purely for achievements believe me a couple of my mates do :confused:

For example (i know this is very offtopic) Avatar on the 360 was a shocking game very easy and no multiplayer BUT yet so many people have bought it!! why?? because it takes like 2 minutes if i recall to get a full 1k, pritty much every person has played that game so i would say its sales were great for a game people got for just achievements.

And looking back to football manager 2006 on Xbox 360 many got that game i saw even some Americans who i saw on forums didnt understand football or any rules because they got the game for achievements. I persionally hate doing that but i see the good behind it as i did strive in FM08 on Xbox 360 to do the leagues like Holland etc.. which i wouldn't usually do or think about, i only did them due to wanting a challange and the achievements was that excuse to do so.

Don't get me wrong - I like the achievement system, and I liked it in the 360 version.

But not enough people use G4WL for it to be cost effective, unless we were still making games on the 360 (as you can share a lot of the codebase) which we aren't.

If it was shown to us that our figures are wrong, and that there are tens of millions of people out there using G4WL, then we'd look at it again.

Don't get me wrong - I like the achievement system, and I liked it in the 360 version.

But not enough people use G4WL for it to be cost effective, unless we were still making games on the 360 (as you can share a lot of the codebase) which we aren't.

If it was shown to us that our figures are wrong, and that there are tens of millions of people out there using G4WL, then we'd look at it again.

Hasnt it approved since Dawn Of War came out ?? ive seen quite a few people using it since that games release??

Just wondering how it would cost much more to make it Windows LIVE?? as i wouldnt think it would be too hard or cost effective and would make a bigger outcome then you will get otherwise as another good thing about the achievement system apart from having goals like someone posted to play or do things within the game you wouldn't normally do, also as it has achievements you would gain more newcomers to the series because of them and lastly a friend of mine was completing FM06 last week on the 360 to get the achievements but then next game will become dormant after the next games release thus making more on the long run of the game. even if its not possible yet please put a thought if you see it picking up please do them into the FM2011 :p

I would love to have some achievements as they do help create some kind of reward system for games, but the thing is, would I neeed to install any extra things?

And also, I have a mac so I dont think it would work haha ;/

What about some kind of built in achievements? Surely that wouldnt be so hard or time consuming? So instead of using GFWL, the game itself would just have a little menu of different achievements that you can unlock for fun :)

Archived